You should never begin any type of diet without first consulting a doctor or nutritionist. Due to the fact that your body will be undergoing a change from your regular routine, you want to make sure you are physically capable of switching your eating habits. This is very important before deciding to buy hCG.
For a quick fact sheet, please be sure to check out our HCG Diet FAQs!
Because the HCG diet is such a drastic change for most people, it is crucial that you understand and follow the proper HCG diet protocol. In order to get the best results from a 500 calorie diet, you must to adhere to the strict diet plan as closely as possible and avoid straying away from the eating regimen. Failure to adhere to the protocol can result in weight gain and negative side effects.
The HCG diet protocol essentially consists of cutting your caloric intake down to just 500 calories. There are certain items that you can and cannot eat. In addition to the diet, you must make sure that you are taking your HCG injections as prescribed. The HCG is what enables your body to be able to function properly while eating at such a deficit. Conversely, if you are taking HCG while still eating the same foods as before, you will not see any weight loss . So once again, the importance of following HCG protocol cannot be stressed enough.
Which protocol should I follow?
If you are struggling to find the proper HCG diet protocol, then you are not alone. There are tons of different plans available online that tell you what you can and cannot eat while on the HCG diet. However, we highly recommend that you follow the original diet protocol as created by Dr. Simeons (creator of the HCG diet). In order to get the best results, Dr. Simeons’ plan has been shown to be the best option.
Chances are that other protocols found online online were not created by actual doctors. Following an HCG diet protocol that was not created by a doctor can be very dangerous. Illegitimate practices can consist of eating more calories than required and also eating foods that consist of fats and other nutrients that need to be limited while on the HCG diet. Stick to the original 500 calorie diet created by Dr. Simeons to get the safest and best results unless instructed otherwise by a doctor.
The HCG Diet Protocol Is Simple..
Now that you have a thorough grasp of the importance of following the protocol, the next step is to understand the actual plan itself. Again, we are adhering to the original protocol as noted by the creator of the HCG diet, Dr. Simeons.
The daily dosage for injections should be 150-200 iu for 40 days. During Simeons’ research, he found this amount gave the best results for weight loss. For women on their menstrual cycle, you should stop your injections until your cycle is complete.
Up until the 3rd injection, patients should eat in excessive amounts. the Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) does not start until after the 3rd injection. For women on their menstrual cycle, they should continue with the special diet even through their cycle, but discontinue the HCG injections.
The diet consists of the following:
- You may have coffee or tea, without any sugar. If you would like, you may use Stevia. You may use one tablespoon of milk within 24 hours.
- This is where you will get some of your protein. You will also have a few different options on what you choose to eat during this meal. This helps the diet from getting repetitive and boring. For lunch, you may have 100 grams of beef, veal, shrimp, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, or crab. As you’ll notice, these are all very lean meats. You must remove any visible fat on your meats as well. This can be easily done with a sharp knife or you can ask your butcher to do it for you. When preparing the meat, it must be boiled or grilled without any extra fats.
You may also choose a vegetable for the meal as well. Your choices are:
- Green Salad
- Beet Greens
- Red Radishes
You may steam, boil, or grill your vegetable without any extra fats. In order to get the most nutrition from them, steaming them is recommended. To give you some sweetness, you may have a piece of fruit for your lunch. You can have one of the following:
- 1 Apple
- Handful of strawberries
- Half of a grapefruit
- Dinner will consist of the same choices as your lunch. It’s recommended that you try to vary you diet up and not eat the same thing for lunch and dinner. This will stop it from being as repetitive and decrease your likeliness of stopping the diet.
- In order to avoid eating bland food, you do have choices for seasoning your meals. You may not use any types of fats (olive oil, vegetable oil, etc.) but you are free to use very small amounts of salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, basil, and other natural herbs to season your food.
- An area that is sometimes forgotten on the HCG protocol is the monitoring your cosmetic and hygiene products. Many of the products we use consist of animal fats that cannot be used while on the HCG diet. The best option to avoid these is to consult your doctor and get their recommendations. However, it’s generally best to focus on organic, all natural products to help narrow your choices down.