Holidays are often full of temptations to overeat and skip routine workouts, but anyone who has ever struggled with weight loss knows how slippery of a slope that can be. When you have been killing it in the gym and sticking to your HCG diet approved meals of fresh veggies, lean meats, and organic fruits, you don’t want to fall into the trap of chocolate Easter eggs. Rather than use the Easter bunny as an excuse to slack off this April, use the Easter bunny to inspire your workout routine. You could even through in some bunny-favorites on the plate to make good use of the month.
The Bunny Diet
Before you take on a bunny workout, fill up on the fuel of these tiny creatures. Fan favorites for bunnies include carrots and lettuce, and hearty servings of green leafy vegetables are excellent for human health as well. Veggies like kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, cabbage, watercress, and collard greens are full of fiber, calcium, minerals, and vitamins. Carrots, as well as other yellow and orange-colored vegetables, are high in beta-carotene. This provides vitamin A, a vitamin essential for normal growth, healthy skin, strong vision, and improved immune system functions. The bunny diet isn’t just limited to carrots and lettuce; they also love fruit. Fruits like raspberries, strawberries, pineapples, bananas, and apples. For humans, these berries are full of antioxidants, the compounds that help destroy free radicals that want to damage the body.
The Easter HIIT Workout
An effective Easter workout is one that you can do from anywhere and without a long list of equipment or materials. A high-intensity workout can use your own body weight and doesn’t require a lot of space. It’s easy to hop to your workout when you don’t have far to go and you already have the supplies on hand. At a beginner level, 30 minutes of steady cardio should be no sweat before you work with interval training. You can find that this workout can be altered for low impact needs. You will start the workout with a short warm-up of moderate cardio, about five to seven minutes worth. Then, you will move through the exercises in a circuit. Put in the effort for 45 seconds then take a 15-second pause before starting the next exercise. If you want to extend the workout, you can repeat the whole routine to get in a good 30 minutes of workout.
1. Start with Bounding Burpees. A take on a classic burpee, when you come to the squat portion of the movement, you will spring forward and travel. If you are a beginner, you can walk instead of doing two jumps forward, but make sure you keep your body low and your knees bent to maximize the effort. For an advanced variation, throw in a tuck jump when you get to the vertical jump portion.
2. Hop from Side to Side. In this part, you will jump like a bunny from side to side, making sure you keep your legs are close together as you can. Reach your arms toward the sky or ceiling in order to elevate the challenge, but be sure to land with a soft knee to reduce jarring impact. If you are a beginner, you can start by hopping one foot at a time.
3. Jump Into Plie Squat Jacks. If you are looking for a low-impact version of this workout, do regular plie squats, though a challenge would be to add a flat weight held across your chest. The overall exercise is to jump out to perform a wide plie squat, then bring the jump back in with your feet coming back together.
4. Step Into Reverse Lunges. Have you ever seen a little bunny sitting among the flowers on its back haunches? You can tone your own haunches with these reverse lunges knee up for both the right and left sides. Keep good form throughout this exercise, holding your front knee over the front ankle, holding the core tight and the chest lifted. Bend your back leg up and jump to make it a reverse lunge. If you are a beginner, you can do regular walking lunges.
5. Travel in a Squat. To really look like a bounding bunny, add traveling squat jumps to your routine. Simply bound forward while doing squat jumps. Make it effective with bent-knee, deep squats. Your legs will burn, but you will make the bunny crowd proud.
The Easter bunny is a huge part of Easter celebrations for young and old. Rather than the bunny making a debut at your home with candy and plastic eggs, you can bring home the spirit of the bunny in a fun but intense HIIT workout.
Nu Image Medical® offers a new and futuristic approach to achieving optimal health and wellness. The company has been a weight loss, anti-aging and wellness provider since 2004 and offers medically supervised programs for medical weight loss, peptides, erectile dysfunction, scream cream, and hair loss (NuDew)