Maintaining a healthy diet is a key component of a fit and healthy lifestyle. By cleaning up your diet you can increase your weight loss success and also reduce your exposure to potential health problems associated with being overweight. When the majority of the meals you are eating are prepared by others, however, it can be difficult to maintain a healthy diet because you don't have total control over the foods that you are eating. One of the best ways to make a healthy change in your life is learning to cook and prepare your own healthy meals every week.
How Cooking at Home Allows for a Healthier Lifestyle
Learning to prepare your own meals is one of the most effective things you can do to start living a healthier lifestyle. Not only is preparing your own food great for your health, but it also saves you money compared to eating out or ordering takeout regularly. If you are considering learning to cook your own meals more often, here are some of the biggest perks you can look forward to when preparing your own meals at home:
• Cooking at home gives you maximum control over your ingredients. This makes it easier for you to adjust how much of particular elements that are best enjoyed in moderation in a healthy diet, like salt or oils, are added to your meals.
• When you make your own meals, you know exactly what you are eating at all times. Because you are preparing the food, there's no concern about there being unhealthy ingredients that you were not aware of which can happen when purchasing prepared food.
• Home cooking is the best way to participate in specialized diets, like the effective HCG diet, because serving as your own chef makes it easy to stay in line with any specifications or rules of the diet.
• Portion control is a key part of any diet, but food from restaurants in America is often made up of overly large portions. This results in overeating and failure to stay on your diet. When you prepare your own food you have control of the size of each meal.
How to Make a Healthy Chicken Meal Planning Dish at Home
When cooking at home you should focus on creating dishes that are both delicious and nutritious. Meal planning is a great way to prepare multiple meals at once and to avoid the temptation to eat unhealthy food out as you can make many days worth of lunches to take to work with you with one cooking session. This chicken and rice with broccoli dish tastes great and is also a healthy option that you'll love to eat.
• 1 cup of rice
• 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 tsp. brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp. paprika
• 1/2 tsp. cumin
• 1 tbs. olive oil
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Cookware and Utensils:
• 2 Cooking pots with lids
• Wood spoon
1. Bring two cups of water to boil in a cooking pot. If adjusting the size of your recipe, maintain a ratio of two cups of water for every one cup of rice you will be cooking.
2. Add the rice into the boiling water then reduce the heat to low to simmer the rice.
3. Place a lid on the pot and leave the water to cook off until there is no visible water in the pot. This should take approximately 15 minutes, though exact times may vary by your burner and pot, so check the rice as you near the time and adjust the cooking length as needed.
4. Season the chicken breasts with the brown sugar, paprika and cumin, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the oil into the skillet and heat over a medium-high burner.
6. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet when hot. You should hear sizzling when adding the breasts to the oil.
7. Cook the breasts for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, then leave to rest for 5 minutes.
8. Boil a pot of water. Blanche the broccoli florets in the boiling water for 1 minute.
9. Slice the chicken breasts or cut into cubes, to your personal preference.
10. Portion the chicken, rice and broccoli into four servings.
The path to living a healthier lifestyle is made up of a series of small steps in a healthier direction, and one of the best and biggest steps you can take is starting to prepare your own meals. In addition to helping you with your weight loss goals, it also allows you to learn a fun new skill that you can share with others, too! Get started by mastering chicken and rice with broccoli, then add new recipes until you have a full repertoire of tasty, nutritious meals at your disposal.
Nu Image Medical® offers a new and futuristic approach to achieving optimal health and wellness. The company has been a weight loss, anti-aging and wellness provider since 2004 and offers medically supervised programs for medical weight loss, peptides, erectile dysfunction, scream cream, and hair loss (NuDew)