This recipe for chicken strips is very easy and a great choice for Phase 2 of the HCG diet. Try adding your own seasonings if you want, but be sure that you only use HCG diet approved seasonings. Try to use organic chicken breast when possible for this recipe as well as your other HCG diet recipes, as it definitely can make a difference in your weight loss. Regular chicken breast can be contaminated with antibiotics or hormones or other compounds that might interfere with your diet.
This recipe goes very well with any number of HCG diet vegetables, and it is very filling and a great source of protein while you are dieting on Phase 2. This recipe is for 2 servings and you can scale it up if you need to. You can also make several servings of this recipe and refrigerate it, as it will last for 2-3 days in a sealed container.
- 200 grams boneless, skinless organic chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. basil
- 2 tbsp. HCG diet approved hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Melba toasts, crushed
- Cut the chicken breasts into equally sized strips.
- Add lemon juice, oregano, basil, hot sauce, salt and pepper into a large ziplock bag.
- Add chicken breast and shake bag to coat.
- Marinate 1-24 hours in refrigerator.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade.
- Coat with crushed Melba toasts and add chicken strips to baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until there is no more pink in the center.
- Serve with mustard or other HCG diet approved sauce.