his is a fast and easy recipe for a spinach and egg scramble that you can use for Phase 3 of the HCG diet, and remember that during Phase 3 you can have small amounts of healthy fats. Having some high quality recipes for this phase of the diet will make it easier for you to transition through it, and it can help improve your chances of success once the diet is completely over. You won't want to start eating a ton of unhealthy food once you hit phase 3, so you'll need to be careful about your calorie intake.
Remember that you will want to eat low calorie meals, and you should discuss what particular daily calorie intake will work best for you once you hit phase 3. You may be able to get away with eating a little more than the recommended amount of about 800 calories per day during Phase 3, but even if you aren't, you'll still be able to enjoy this low calorie spinach egg scramble that takes just minutes to make.
- 4 free range organic eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 ounces low fat cheddar cheese
- Peppers (green, red, or yellow)
- 1 tbsp. natural butter
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- Melt butter and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Whip eggs in a bowl and add a pinch or two of oregano as well as salt and pepper.
- Add into hot butter and stir gently.
- Continue to stir as eggs start to set.
- Add spinach as eggs become firm and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Continue to cook until eggs are mostly firm but be careful not to overcook.
- Top with capers, spring onions, peppers and other toppings based on your preferences
Calories per Serving: 248
About the author
Dr. Constance Odom, MD