This chicken avocado salad recipe is very easy to make and one of the healthier Phase 3 HCG diet recipes as it includes healthy fats from avocado and is still low in carbohydrates. On Phase 3 of the diet you need to be extra cautious of weight gain because it can be easy to put weight back on when you start reintroducing carbohydrates back into your diet. The best approach is to gradually increase your carbohydrate intake through mostly fruit and vegetable sources, while still avoiding grains and eating healthy fats. You should try to limit your dairy fat intake and get most of the fats in your diet from sources like olive oil, avocados, coconut oil, nuts and other healthy fats.
This recipe is a good starting point and it takes just a few minutes to prepare. This recipe makes 4 servings for Phase 3 of the HCG diet and it is good in the refrigerator for about 2 days max.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bags of butter lettuce
- 1 package cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 oz. low fat mozzarella cheese
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and cubed
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- 4 drops of Stevia or 1 tsp. of honey
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butterfly chicken breasts and grill or cook on medium high heat for 7 to 8 minutes on each side in a pan coated with cooking spray, until there is no pink in the middle.
- Cut chicken into strips and mix with salad ingredients.
- Whisk ingredients for dressing and add into salad and toss.
- Serve or refrigerate
Calories per Serving: 585