This is a convenient and simple recipe for HCG diet shredded chicken that you can safely use for Phase 2 without concern about weight gain or other harmful effects. This shredded chicken recipe is fairly easy to follow and you'll find that it can be a great go-to option for Phase 2 of the diet when you need a low calorie protein recipe that you can use with a wide range of different HCG diet foods. This recipe is very fast and easy with a slow cooker and all you have to do is put the ingredients in and set it on low and it will be done within 6-7 hours.
You can also choose to cook it more quickly on high heat if you prefer and it can be ready in about 3-4 hours if you choose to do this. You can use this recipe as meat for tacos without taco shells (made with lettuce or other greens as the wrap), you can use it for soups, or eat it by itself with a melba toast and a serving of tomatoes or other HCG diet vegetables. The possibilities are endless, and it can also serve as a great recipe even when you're not on the HCG diet or when you've reached Phase 3.
Feel free to add your preferred HCG diet seasonings on top of what is included for this recipe, but just make sure that you aren't using anything that isn't allowed for the diet. Also be careful to avoid adding fat or using a cut of chicken that isn't approved for the diet, the only cut that will work is boneless skinless chicken breasts. It might not seem like it makes a difference but it really does, and it can throw your diet off if you aren't careful.
- 28 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts (organic preferred)
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 small onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add everything but chicken into a slow cooker. Mix well.
- Add chicken and use a spoon to cover chicken with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker, shred chicken breasts thoroughly with a fork, and serve with sauce and HCG diet vegetables.
Calories per Serving: 236