This Phase 2 HCG diet steak and spinach salad recipe is amazingly delicious, very filling and nutritious and very easy to make. You can use several different cuts of lean steak for this recipe, and it goes great as a dinner. This recipe is for two servings so you can adjust it up or down as needed, and it is definitely still good for one or two days in the fridge. Feel free to adjust the spices to your wishes, but always be sure to use HCG approved seasonings and try to use organic beef whenever possible. Top round steak goes best with this recipe, but you can also use sirloin tip or a few other cuts if you happen to have those on hand.
- 200 grams of lean steak (cube steak, sirloin tip, tri-tip, or top round)
- 2 cups of spinach, dried and rinsed
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Cut steak into thin slices and season generously with salt, pepper, minced garlic, and onion powder.
- In a non-stick skillet or on a grill, cook beef on medium until desired doneness or until there is almost no more pink (for well done). Medium well done steak would take approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange spinach in a large plate and season with salt and pepper and the juice of ¼ lemon.
- Add cooked steak on top of seasoned salad and serve immediately or refrigerate.
Calories per Serving: 231