Phase 2 HCG Diet Recipes
This steak and onions recipe is a delicious phase 2 recipe that you can easily make. This recipe is for just one serving but you can scale it up as needed. It's an easy lunch or dinner, and it will last for about two days in a closed container in the refrigerator. Try it out before you start the very low calorie diet to see if you enjoy it, and it helps to come up with a list of favorite recipes before you start this phase of the diet. This recipe does not take very long to prepare, it's very low in calories, and if you like steak and onions this will definitely hit the spot.
- 100 grams lean beef steak (cube steak, tri-tip, sirloin tip, top round, etc.)
- ¼ yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup beef stock
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Slice beef into thin strips.
- Season strips with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet on medium high.
- Add beef strips and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Remove beef and set in a plate.
- Add a few tablespoons of beef stock and onions and turn heat to medium.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook onions for about 10-12 minutes until caramelized.
- Add garlic about 5 minutes in and saute with onions.
- Add more beef stock if needed if the onions start to burn.
- Once the onions are well caramelized, re-add beef and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate.
Calories per Serving: 252