This is a delicious recipe for spicy chicken and cabbage salad that works perfectly for Phase 2 of the HCG diet and is a great choice when you need a low calorie meal. It takes just a few minutes to prep and the servings are easy to increase if needed.
Try this recipe with organic chicken breast for the best weight loss benefits and to ensure that there aren't any added hormones or antibiotics that can cause problems with your diet or metabolism. You will also want to be careful to not add any ingredients that aren't approved for the HCG diet or use any cooking oil when cooking the chicken.
Also feel free to add your own favorite HCG diet ingredients but double check that they are approved for the diet.
- 5 cups of green cabbage, shredded
- 100 grams of organic chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ small onion, minced
- ¼ tsp. of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 small pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix chicken with salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, aminos, garlic and ginger, and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
- In a medium pan cook chicken and onion on medium heat until chicken is cooked throughout and onions are translucent, about 10-12 minutes.
- Season cabbage with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken into cabbage and mix well.
- Add additional seasonings to taste if desired or serve.
Calories per Serving: 211