Phase 2 HCG Diet Recipes
This French onion soup recipe goes perfectly with several HCG diet protein options, and it is very filling while still leaving you with one HCG diet protein and fruit serving. It is one of the more filling phase 2 HCG diet recipes and the low calorie count means that you can several servings without guilt. It is the perfect side dish for lunch or dinner combined with your protein and it can definitely help you through the early parts of the diet which can sometimes bit challenging to get used to. This French onion soup recipe is for four servings and can be adjusted for more or fewer servings easily. It will only use one HCG diet vegetable serving and it will be good for a few days in the fridge.
- 2 cups of onions, sliced thinly
- 6 cups organic beef broth
- 2 Melba toast pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp. stevia
- 1 ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 fresh whole thyme sprigs
- 1 pinch salt
- Add onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper and a small amount of broth, enough to cover the onions, into a large saucepan or pot and cook on medium.
- Cook for about 25 minutes and add more broth if necessary, until the onions are caramelized and very soft.
- Cook until most of the liquid evaporates and remove bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Crush up 2 Melba toasts and mix with the onions and stir.
- Turn down the heat and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add beef broth and bring soup to a simmer, and cook for 9-10 minutes.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Calories per Serving: 96