This is one of the easier Phase 2 HCG diet recipes for crab soup that is low in calories and is also filling. Soup can make a great lunch on the HCG diet and keep you full because of the water content, and this soup is particularly easy to make. You can increase the servings fairly easily, and you can store this for just one day in the refrigerator in a stored container.
Although this soup doesn't have the traditional unhealthy ingredients that you might find in a crab soup like butter, it is still delicious and nicely seasoned. You can expect to take about 10 minutes to prep this recipe and 25 minutes to cook it, and this recipe is for two servings so you may want to increase the servings to make good use of your cooking time. Skip the cayenne pepper if you prefer you soup to be milder.
This total recipe counts for 2 HCG diet protein servings and 2 HCG diet vegetable servings so you should split this soup into two portions, and at just 201 calories per serving it can work perfectly for one of your meals while leaving you 300 more calories to work with for your other meals of the day. You will also have 2 fruit servings, 1 more vegetable and protein serving, and 1 more breadstick or Melba toast remaining after this meal.
- 7 ounces of crab meat
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 1 Melba toast or Grissini breadstick
- Add tomatoes and broth into a blender and blend until mixed.
- Add a small amount of broth into a medium saucepan and cook onions and garlic on medium until tender.
- Add the stock slowly into the pan and cook on medium high until bubbly.
- Add crabmeat and bay leaves, lemon pepper, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and simmer until piping hot.
- Serve in bowls topped with chives and crushed Melba toast or grissini breadstick.
Calories per Serving: 201