This is a delicious and filling chicken celery soup that takes just minutes to prepare and it is one of the faster phase 2 HCG diet recipes. You can eat several servings of this recipe throughout the day because it is so low in calories, and it will definitely help you stay under the 500 calorie per day limit.
This recipe includes 1 HCG diet protein and 2 vegetable servings but you can scale it up or down as needed. If you want to include an additional serving of chicken into this recipe you can, but it isn't necessary, and if you leave the extra protein serving you can use it for lunch or dinner.
This recipe takes just a few minutes to prepare, and it will store well for a few days in the refrigerator when properly stored in airtight containers. Use a food scale to measure out your chicken servings. Try adjusting the seasonings to your liking and adding any of the other approved HCG diet seasonings if you desire.
- 100 grams chicken breast, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups of chicken broth, low sodium (no sugar added)
- 2 cups of celery, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. parsley
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Add salt and a small amount of black pepper into a medium sized pot and add onion and a small amount of broth.
- SautÃ© for about 3 minutes then add celery.
- SautÃ© on medium until onions and celery are tender, about 4-5 more minutes.
- Add broth to pot and bring broth to boil on medium high heat.
- Add spices and garlic to broth and allow broth to come to a boil, then lower heat to simmer.
- Add diced chicken into the pot carefully, cover and allow to simmer for about 30-35 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and remove bay leaves.
- Season more if desired and serve.
Calories per Serving: 86