Phase 2 HCG Diet Recipes
This asparagus salad recipe is easy to make compared to many other Phase 2 HCG diet recipes and is very low in calories. Half of this recipe only counts for one serving during each day of the diet, and asparagus is one of the healthier vegetable options on the diet. Asparagus is high in vitamins and minerals and it is fiber rich which makes it filling. It has a high amount of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant nutrients that can help your body detox and rebound from the effects of a poor diet.
This asparagus salad is very easy to make and can be scaled up fairly easily, and it lasts for a day or two in a covered container in the refrigerator. Add it to your lunch or dinner as a delicious side dish or eat it as a snack to stay full during the day. Try to find organic asparagus to avoid any that have been sprayed with pesticides or chemicals. This recipe is for two servings of the salad, and you can change the quantity of servings very easily just by doubling the recipe or halving it.
- 2 cups of asparagus spears (about 18 to 20 stalks)
- 4 quarts of water
- 10 drops of stevia (equivalent of 1 tablespoon of sugar)
- 2 lemons juice
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 5 tablespoons sugar and gluten free organic Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Use kitchen scissors to cut ends of asparagus stalks
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add salt to water and reduce to medium.
- Prepare an ice bath for the asparagus with a large bowl filled with water and ice.
- Submerge asparagus in ice bath and plunge in boiling water.
- Cook for 3 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon
- Transfer back to ice bath.
- Cool asparagus in ice bath and the remove and dry quickly.
- Add lemon juice, zest, vinegar, and mustard together in a mixing bowl and stir.
- Toss asparagus in dressing and coat completely.
- Serve or refrigerate.
Calories per Serving: 51