This is a delicious and fast phase 2 HCG diet recipe for tomato and steak kabobs that you can easily scale up if needed, and it provides you with a quick source of protein with low calories. You can use this recipe for a Steak Day plateau breaker since you are allowed to eat up to one tomato or green apple during your steak day. This recipe uses less than one serving of HCG diet vegetables in total, so it leaves you with almost two vegetable servings to work with for the day.
On the Steak Day you can also increase the amount of protein over the 100 grams that you would normally measure for the HCG diet, but remember that you are only allowed to eat one steak serving in the entire day. For the Steak Day, the amount of steak that you should use should be the equivalent of 1 8 ounce steak.
This recipe is for two servings which will equate to four HCG diet meals and you can expect to take about 30 minutes to prepare it and about 7-8 minute to cook. It will last for a few days in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
- 200 grams of extra lean steak, cubed
- ¼ pint of grape tomatoes (about 10-12 tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. fennel seed, crushed
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- Combine the spices and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Put the steak cubes in the bowl and mix to coat.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Put the meat onto skewers, alternating with the grape tomatoes.
- Cook on high direct heat on a grill with the lid closed.
- Cook about 6-8 minutes for medium rare and turn a few times, and 8-10 minutes for medium.
- Remove from grill, allow to cool for a few minutes and serve.
Calories per Serving: 177