Phase 2 HCG Diet Recipe
This is a delicious and easy to make Phase 2 HCG diet recipe that you should definitely try if you love shrimp and cucumber. It takes just a few minutes to prep and it can be even easier to make if you have purchased pre-cooked shrimp. If you can't find pre-cooked shrimp, we included instructions on how to boil them.
This recipe is for one serving but you can easily scale it up, and it goes great with HCG diet fruit like oranges or apples as a side dish. This recipe will count for one HCG diet protein serving and one HCG diet vegetable serving, leaving you one of each to work with for your other meal of the day. You'll find that this recipe is very filling and flavorful in spite of its low calorie content, and you might try doubling up on the portions to make both of your meals for the day.
Try to purchase organic shrimp and organic cucumbers ideally, but if you can't find organic cucumbers be sure to remove the skin as the skin can contain pesticides. If you can find organic cucumbers be sure to leave the skin on, as it is a great source of vitamins and minerals and great source of fiber while being low in calories.
- 100 grams of shrimp, deveined and peeled
- ¼ tsp. fresh black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of cucumber, chopped (about a half of a large cucumber or one small cucumber)
- 4 cups of water
- Add lemon juice, water, salt and pepper into a large saucepan.
- Boil water for 10 minutes, then add shrimp.
- Cook until opaque in middle, about 1-1.5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and place into a bowl.
- Chop cucumbers into slices.
- Add vinegar, shallot, garlic, and dill and a small amount of lemon juice into a bowl and whisk.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add mixture to shrimp in a bowl and toss.
- Add cucumbers to mixture and toss.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.
Calories per Serving: 165