This recipe for HCG chili does not contain any unapproved ingredients, and it is a very delicious and filling option for the diet. You can make large batches of this recipe without much extra effort, and it will last for at least a few days when stored in an airtight container. It is a great option for the difficult first week of the diet when your body is trying to adjust, and the generous portion of tomatoes will help you stay full throughout the day as your body adjusts to the hormone.
The recipe is low in calories and you can adjust these seasonings to your preferences. Be sure to avoid adding any extra vegetables or beans to this recipe and only stick to HCG approved seasonings. Also you can replace the lean ground beef in this recipe with a lean cut of steak or other HCG diet protein options like chicken breast. This recipe is for one serving but as previously mentioned you can scale it up very easily.
- 5 ounces very lean ground beef or chopped lean beef steak
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 pinch onion powder
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup vegetable or chicken broth and ¼ cup water mixed
- In a frying pan a small amount of both saute onions in pan on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Add garlic 3 minutes in and saute.
- Add beef and seasonings and cook until browned, add more broth if needed.
- In a medium sauce pan add beef mixture and tomatoes, tomato juice and rest of broth.
- Heat until simmering and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until mixture thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Calories per Serving: 292