Phase 2 HCG Diet Recipes - Garlic Marinated Grilled Chicken
This is an easy recipe for marinated grilled chicken made only with allowed seasonings on the HCG diet, and you definitely want to have at least one grilled chicken breast recipe as an easy go-to option when you're on the HCG. This recipe takes around 25 minutes to both prepare and make or less, and you can get creative and include one of the many HCG diet vegetables as a side dish with it. This chicken can be frozen for several weeks once it is marinated, and it stores in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days after it has been cooked. This recipe is designed for four protein servings on the HCG diet, and you can increase it by doubling it if you want to store it.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and halved (about 14 ounces or 200 grams total)
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp. oregano (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp. basil (fresh or dried)
- Mix all spices together in a large plastic bag with vinegar.
- Add chicken into plastic bag and shake until coated with marinade.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat a grill pan or a grill to medium high.
- Once grill is hot, cook chicken approximately 6-7 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
This recipe makes 4 protein servings for the HCG diet at 175 calories per serving.