This Phase 2 HCG diet recipe for cod and spinach salad is very easy to make and takes just a few minutes to prepare. Cod is one of the best protein sources for the HCG diet because it is so low in fat and calories, and you can use this recipe for a light lunch or a dinner. Although it is low in calories it is surprisingly filling, and this recipe is for 2 servings but you can adjust it up or down as needed very easily. The seasonings for the cod are all allowable on the HCG diet, and you can use a Grissini breadstick in the seasoning as directed, or leave it out. You can replace the cod in this recipe with other types of white fish such as tilapia. This cod will last for about 1 day after it has been refrigerated, or you can serve it right away.
- 200 grams of cod
- 4 cups of spinach
- 2 tbsp. lemon juicew
- 2 Grissini breadsticks, crushed
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- Season both sides of cod with garlic, cayenne pepper, basil, and salt and pepper and crumbled breadstick.
- Add 1/4 cup of chicken stock and lemon juice to a pan.
- Turn on medium heat.
- Add cod into pan and cook on both sides until opaque, about 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Baste cod with stock while it is cooking.
- Test cod with a fork to ensure that it flakes easily.
- Season spinach with chicken broth from the pan, salt and pepper and toss.
- Serve immediately with spinach or refrigerate.
Calories per Serving: 130