This is a simple HCG diet recipe for BBQ chicken salad that takes just a few minutes to make, and the servings for this recipe can be increased very easily. Try to get organic chicken for this recipe and avoid using any extra ingredients that could cause problems with the diet.
Remember that on Phase 2 of the diet you'll have to be careful about what you eat and your calorie intake, and if you don't use a custom recipe for the BBQ sauce you can easily mess up the diet. Be sure to always avoid condiments with sugar or high fructose corn syrup.
This recipe is for two servings but it can be increased or decreased as needed, and it is very easy to make. You will need to make your own HCG approved BBQ sauce for this recipe or purchase a HCG safe BBQ seasoning (there are some available on Amazon). Before you buy any HCG diet BBQ sauce be sure to double check the ingredients against the HCG diet protocol, some of them don't have 100% approved ingredients so you do have to be careful when you are shopping.
- 200 grams chicken breast, cut into 2 inch pieces
- HCG approved BBQ sauce or seasoning
- 4 cups of Romaine lettuce or cabbage
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1-2 lemon wedges
- Remove any visible fat from the chicken breast.
- Add water to a large saucepan
- Season water with a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Bring water to a boil and reduce the heat slightly.
- Add chicken to the water and cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the pot through a sieve and remove the chicken from the sieve.
- Add BBQ seasoning to chicken.
- Cut lettuce into small pieces.
- Mix chicken with lettuce, season with lemon salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Calories per Serving: 202