This is an easy recipe for Phase 2 HCG diet approved Mongolian beef and cabbage that you can use to make a quick dinner or lunch. It takes just about 20 to 25 minutes to prep and cook and it's a great option when you are limited on time.
Be sure that you use organic ingredients and also use a cut of steak that is approved for the HCG diet like tri tip steak, top sirloin, eye of round roast or steak, sirloin tip side, or bottom round roast and steak. These are some of the leanest cuts of beef that you can get. You should also try to buy organic steak when possible but the most important thing is to make sure that you aren't using a cut of beef that is high in fat, as this will definitely cause problems for you during Phase 2 of the diet. This recipe is for one serving but you can easily scale it up as needed.
- 100 grams of very lean beef steak
- 5 cups of cabbage cut into strips
- ¼ cup organic beef broth
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. green onions, chopped
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Stevia to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the liquid ingredients with the garlic, green onions and cabbage together in a bowl.
- Season with salt and black and cayenne pepper and stevia to taste.
- Stir fry cabbage in a large pan on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add more beef broth if liquid starts to evaporate too much midway through cooking.
- Add beef and cook another 8-10 minutes until beef is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Calories per Serving: 258