This HCG diet ginger chicken recipe is fairly easy to follow and delicious and takes just a few minutes to prepare, and it's a great recipe for both Phase 2 and Phase 3 of the HCG diet. It's low in calories so it won't count much against your daily calorie limit, and you can easily make several servings for meals over a few days. It will last about 3 days maximum in a sealed container if you want to make several portions, and this recipe is for 2 portions on the HCG diet which will count for 1 protein serving each.
You can adjust the seasonings as you wish and add other HCG diet seasonings, just remember to only use HCG diet approved seasonings. Adding just a few other seasonings that are not approved can definitely change your results on the diet, so be careful to double check the protocol to make sure that anything you add to this recipe or your other HCG diet recipes is allowable. Phase 2 of the HCG diet is only three or six weeks long and afterward you have several more options to work with once that phase is completed, so be sure to stick to the diet requirements.
- 200 grams chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into small strips
- 3 tbsp. chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a pan on medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper generously.
- Season chicken with cayenne pepper.
- Add broth to pan.
- Add chicken and stir fry until browned on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes
- Add onion and garlic and cook another 2 minutes
- Add ginger and cook another 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to stir fry another 7-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add basil about 4 minutes after reducing heat.
- Cut chicken to check for doneness and serve.
Calories per Serving: 190