This is an easy and simple recipe for HCG diet sweet and sour shrimp that you can easily make and the preparation involved is minimal. Seafood recipes are always convenient during Phase 2, and if you need to scale this one up it doesn't take much more effort.
Try to mix up your recipes while on the HCG diet and use different types of protein to get the best results on the diet, and shrimp is definitely a good option because of the fact that it is slow in calories per serving.
This recipe is for 2 servings, which is a good option for dinner two nights in a row on the HCG diet, but you can increase it or decrease it, and the recipe will last for about 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 7 ounces of shrimp, deveined
- ¼ cup of chicken or fish stock, or water
- Juice of one half lemon
- Juice of one half orange
- 4 tbsp. Bragg's liquid aminos
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ onion, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Stevia to taste
- Remove the veins and tails from the shrimp before weighing them out.
- Add the garlic and the onions to a pan with a small amount of stock or water.
- Saute the onions and garlic for about 10 minutes until softened, on medium heat.
- Add the shrimp, lemon and orange juice, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper and stevia.
- Saute on medium heat for about 8 minutes, turn several times during cooking.
- Cook further to allow sauce to evaporate if needed.
- Serve shrimp with sauce.
Calories per Serving:180