This is a convenient and easy to prepare recipe for steak and lettuce wraps for the HCG diet. They are made with lettuce so that they are allowable for Phase 2 of the HCG diet, and they can also work for Phase 3 of course. Be sure that you use a cut of steak that is allowed for Phase 2 of the HCG diet if you use this recipe for that phase; it's essential so that you aren't consuming too many calories from fat.
Some examples of allowable cuts include tri-tip steak, sirloin tip, top round and top sirloin, and also be sure to measure out 100 grams for the diet. Also, avoid adding any extra ingredients that might affect your diet such as fat, any unallowable seasonings, or side dishes. This recipe still leaves you with most of one vegetable serving, so if you want to add cabbage or more lettuce as a side dish that is still an option. These lettuce wraps are filling and low in calories and can definitely help you stick to the requirements of Phase 2.
200 grams very lean steak (tri tip, top sirloin, etc.)
1 dash onion powder
1 dash garlic powder
1 dash of cumin
1 dash of dried oregano
1 dash of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove any visible fat from the steak.
- Season steak with seasonings on both sides and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a pan or grill on medium heat.
- Add steak and cook for about 5-6 minutes on both sides, until desired doneness.
- Remove and wrap in lettuce leaves and season with fresh cilantro.
- Serve in lettuce wraps with a side of HCG diet vegetables such as tomatoes.
Calories per Serving: 188