HCG Diet Shredded BBQ Chicken Recipe
This shredded BBQ chicken recipe is relatively easy to prepare and doesn't have any sugar or any other ingredients that will cause any problems on your diet. The sauce can be used with other meats and you can prepare several 3.5 ounce servings of chicken breast at a time if you would like, but this recipe is just for two servings so scale it up as needed. This shredded BBQ chicken will last for two or three days in the refrigerator in a properly sealed container. This goes great with several HCG diet vegetables including spinach and cabbage and is a great recipe for both Phase 2 and Phase 3.
Ingredients for BBQ sauce:
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- Stevia to taste
- Combine ingredients for BBQ sauce in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- While BBQ sauce is simmering, in another medium saucepan, add enough water to cover two 3.5 weighed portions of chicken breast.
- Season the water with salt and bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- Cover the saucepan and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Turn off heat, remove chicken with a slotted spoon or drain through a sieve.
- Shred chicken in a bowl with a fork.
- Add 6 tablespoons of BBQ sauce to shredded chicken.
- Store or serve chicken and remaining BBQ sauce.
Calories per Serving: 278