This is a very simple but delicious chicken tenders recipe that is fully compatible with Phase 2 of the HCG diet and it can also be used for Phase 3 of the diet. It's a great low calorie option and it will keep you satisfied during the day without adding too much to your calorie limit. Try to use organic chicken breasts when possible for this recipe as they will usually have lower fat and are better overall for the diet.
Be sure that you aren't adding any ingredients that aren't allowed on the HCG diet like bread crumbs or condiments that aren't allowed on the diet as it will definitely make the recipe unhealthy and affect your weight loss, but you can feel free to add any seasonings that are approved for the diet. This is a very simple recipe and you can scale it up very easily if desired, and the chicken strips will last 2-3 days in a sealed contain in the refrigerator.
- 5 ounces of chicken breast cut into 2-3 strips
- ¼ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp HCG approved mustard
- 1 tsp. HCG approved hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp. crushed Melba toast or grissini breadsticks
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Coat chicken in mustard, crushed crumbs, basil and oregano and hotsauce.
- Bake about 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with extra mustard or with HCG diet vegetable side.
Calories per Serving: 165