This is a convenient recipe for HCG diet lemon cod that doesn't take very long to prepare, and it is a great option for Phase 2 of the diet. It is very low in calories and made with HCG diet approved fish, so you don't have to worry about the recipe messing with your diet or affecting it in any way. It is very low in calories and gives you a lot of room to work with for your daily calorie limit.
Try this lemon cod with cabbage, lettuce, or other HCG diet veggies. It will last for about 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator, so you can increase the servings as needed. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste and preferences. Some other seasonings that go well with cod include thyme and paprika.
This recipe is for 2 servings, and it is just around 110 calories without the lettuce or the breadsticks, so it leaves you with several more calories within your daily limit and it is one of the lowest calorie recipes for the diet.
- 200 grams of cod or white fish
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup of chicken broth or HCG diet approved broth
- Lettuce leaves for garnish
- 2 HCG approved breadsticks for garnish
- Warm the chicken broth and the lemon juice in a medium sized pan on low heat for 4 minutes.
- Season cod or white fish with salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- Place cod in pan with the liquid.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium until most of the water evaporates and the cod is opaque throughout. This should take about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce leaves, HCG diet breadsticks, or your other favorite HCG diet vegetable.
Calories per Serving (not including breadsticks or lettuce): 114