This is an easy and convenient recipe for HCG Diet Crab Soup that doesn't take long to prepare. If you don't have fresh crab in your area you can definitely use canned crab and it still turns out to be very delicious. Try this recipe if you enjoy crab and it's a good alternative to some of the other seafood and protein recipes on the HCG diet. It's also very filling and can work as a snack between meals, but be careful about your total calorie intake. You can make it more filling by using more vegetables in it or increasing the amount of vegetable broth, and all of these ingredients are approved for Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
- 100 grams of canned or fresh crab meat, cooked
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 small pinch of salt
- Chives for garnish
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, and onions into a medium pan with a small amount of vegetable broth.
- Cook on medium high for 4-5 minutes until onions start to become opaque.
- In a medium saucepan add the tomato onion and garlic mixture.
- Add vegetable broth and crab meat.
- Add bay leaf and spices and lemon juice.
- Turn heat on medium high and cook until simmering.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes, allow to cool and serve.
- Season with pepper to taste and garnish with chives and a small amount of extra crab meat if desired.
About the author
Dr. Constance Odom, MD