This is a delicious and filling recipe for HCG diet chicken meatball soup that works perfectly for Phase 2 and is made with approved ingredients. In general, soups are a great choice for the HCG diet because of how filling that they are with minimal calories, and they work very well for lunch or dinner, or even a small meal between meals.
This recipe is definitely at the lower end for calories and leaves you with a lot to work with. If you can't buy ground chicken breast in your area for this recipe, make your own with natural chicken breast and a food processor.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of celery, chopped
- 4 tbsp. minced onion
- 3 tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 200 grams of ground chicken breast
- 2 small pinches of sage
- 2 small pinches of thyme
- 2 small pinches of onion powder
- 2 small pinches of garlic powder or 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Melba toasts, crushed
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- In a large pot, add the ingredients for the broth together except for the celery and apple cider vinegar.
- Heat on medium.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for meatballs into a bowl.
- Make small meatballs about 1 inch in diameter, about 10-12.
- Carefully add meatballs into the pot.
- Increase heat to medium high until broth is boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- At the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the celery.
- Add apple cider vinegar and stir right before serving.
Calories per Serving: 172