This delicious cabbage chili works perfectly as a main meal on the HCG diet or as a snack and it is low in calories and designed for Phase 2 of the diet. It's a delicious option even when you are not on the HCG diet or if you are looking for a good recipe for Phase 3 as well. You can feel free to adjust the seasonings as you wish, just be sure that you don't add anything that isn't approved for Phase 2 of the diet.
Chicken breast is also best to be used for the ground meat for the recipe, but lean ground steak can also work as well. This recipe mixes cabbage with tomato which may be fine for some dieters but if you aren't lose as much weight as you should then you shouldn't mix them. You can easily increase the servings for this recipe as needed, and there are 2 servings in the current recipe.
- 200 grams ground chicken breast or lean ground steak
- 3 cups of cabbage
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 cups of filtered or spring water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. chopped onions for garnish
- Add meat to a non-stick skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium high heat until browned and cooked through.
- Add 3 cups of water, meat and spices to a medium saucepan.
- Add cabbage once water is simmering.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes until cabbage is tender, then add tomatoes.
- Cook an extra 10 minutes until tomatoes melt.
- Allow to cool and serve with onions as garnish and Melba boast.
Calories per Serving: 150