The HCG Diet Recipe
This HCG Diet beef stew recipe is a great go-to option on the HCG diet and it is a very filling way to get your protein serving in. This recipe also makes several servings in spite of using the recommended 100 grams of protein, so you can split it up into multiple meals and still have 100 grams of protein left over for use in another meal.
The ingredients are easy to find and you probably have most of them at home already, and all of the seasonings used in this recipe are approved by the HCG diet protocol. Use a low fat cut of steak for this recipe such as lean top sirloin or another lean cut, and try to find organic meat. This soup can be served with an optional Melba toast which goes nicely with it.
- 3.5 ounces or 100 grams of lean steak, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 ¼ cups celery, chopped into small pieces
- 1 ¼ cups beef broth
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- In a medium or large saucepan, brown beef and garlic in a saucepan using a small amount of broth.
- Add spices, remainder of broth, vegetables and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Add extra water if water level drops too low during cooking.
- Remove bay leaf and serve while still hot with 1 melba toast (optional).
Servings: 2 bowls
Calories per serving: 143
Protein: 19.7g per serving
Carbohydrates: 5.0g per serving
Sodium: 667mg per serving
Potassium: 579mg per serving
Total Fat: 4.3g per serving