These are easy to make and satisfying beef cabbage tacos that are made with cabbage as an alternative to standard taco shells. They're a good choice for Phase 2 or Phase 3 of the diet and they are only made with HCG approved ingredients. Try to use organic beef for these tacos and you can also substitute lettuce leaves for the cabbage. Be careful to not add any ingredients that aren't allowed on the diet, and if you use steak be sure that it's a low fat cut that is approved for the diet.
You should use the leanest ground beef possible, ideally 95% lean. You can also use any low fat steak cut that is approved for the diet and cut it into small strips which can work as a good substitute. Chicken can also be substituted or fish or any other HCG diet protein. You can increase the servings of this recipe easily like many of the others on our blog and it doesn't take very long to prepare.
- 5 ounces of lean beef or steak
- Beef broth
- 1 dash of onion powder
- 1 dash of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, mined
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cabbage leaves
- Cilantro for garnish
- Brown beef in a pan with a small amount of beef broth on medium high heat for about 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- Add spices onion and garlic.
- Stir and simmer for another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in cabbage leaves and with cilantro and extra onion for garnish.
Calories per Serving: 213