On the HCG diet you have to be particularly careful about condiments because so many of them use unapproved ingredients that can really cause problems for you on the diet. In the vast majority of cases you'll need to make your own condiments for the diet, but there are a few condiments that you can buy online and in other places that are specifically made with HCG safe ingredients and labeled as such.
This is a recipe for a quick and easy HCG diet BBQ sauce that you can use on a wide range of different recipes. The ingredients in this sauce are approved for the diet, and it doesn't contain sugar, molasses or other ingredients that are commonly found in many other HCG diet recipes.
Use this recipe for the HCG diet BBQ chicken salad recipe that will follow this post, or come up with your own creative uses for this sauce. It's very easy to make and delicious and you'll find that it will be a great option for you for Phase 2 of the diet.
- 3 tbsp. organic Dijon or regular mustard (only made with HCG approved ingredients)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- ¼ tsp. stevia
- ¾ tsp. hot sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Add hot water to beef bouillon cube in a cup and mix until semi-dissolved.
- Cook onion in a saucepan with beef bouillon mixture on medium until translucent.
- Heat until simmering.
- Add stevia, tomato paste, Dijon, salt, apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke, salt and hot sauce.
- Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Keep mixture simmering at medium low to medium for 25 minutes while stirring often.
- Store and refrigerate.