This recipe for HCG diet baked lobster is very easy to make and is a great choice for a low calorie diet. Lobster is a very lean seafood and because it's so low in calories you can make several servings without having to really sacrifice many of your daily calories. It might cost you a little more for this meal than your regular HCG diet protein choices but it's well worth it, especially if you live in an area where lobster is reasonably affordable. Plus this recipe goes great with several HCG diet vegetables like cabbage or lettuce, so you don't need large portions to feel satisfied.
- 1 lobster tail, approximately 100 grams
- 1 Melba toast, crushed into crumbs
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the lobster tail.
- Simmer uncovered for about 8 to 12 minutes or until the meat is tender when poked with a fork and the shell is bright red.
- Shut heat off and remove lobster tail with tongs or a slotted spoon.
- Allow to cool, and cut the lobster tail lengthwise with kitchen scissors or a knife (carefully).
- Remove lobster meat and cut into small pieces.
- In a pan, sautÃ© the onion and garlic with the vegetable broth on medium for about 5-6 minutes.
- Mix onion and garlic with melba toast and season with paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Add mixture to lobster tail and mix well.
- Add the mixture back into the lobster tail.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, season meat with lemon juice and service.
Calories per Serving: 117