Making it Through the HCG Diet
While the success stories of the HCG diet are amazing, there are many people who worry about the intensity of the diet. Though the diet is intense, it is something that you can manage. There are a few tips that can help you through the diet.
This is the hardest part of the program, because the diet is so detailed. There are some tips that can make this easier to understand.
- Switching up your proteins frequently is a great way to help aid the weight loss. It will keep you from feeling bored from only eating the same things.
- Using a non stick grill can help you to cook your protein in about three minutes to cut down on meal prep time.
- Take the time to learn the approved food chart. There are substitutions allowed, but do not think you can change out one ingredient for something else, just because they are in the same food category. For instance, you cannot use imitation crab instead of crab because this is processed and contains sugars and other unnatural ingredients.
- If you start to feel hungry, drinking some green tea can be a way to help stave off hunger.
Another thing you should think about is how you will handle the meal shopping. Since this is the way that you will get the food for the diet, there are a few things to look at here.
- Read the label on anything that you buy. You should understand whether it contains any added fats, sugars, salts or other ingredients. For instance, you can have tuna but it must be packaged in water and not oil as this is a fat. If you are not paying attention, you could grab the wrong one by mistake, which could hinder weight loss.
- Have a list planned out when you go. This will help to cut down on the temptation to buy snacks and junk food that are not on this diet.
- Separate out your food into pre-portioned amounts when you get home. This can take out the guess work and make cooking easier as well as quicker.
Every Day Tips
There are a few tips that can help you as you go about your day while on this diet. While they do not pertain to food, they are worth keeping in mind.
- You should wear sunscreen when you go into the sun while on this diet.
- Tanning should also be avoided because it can make you retain water.
- If you must wear makeup, make sure it is oil free.
- Getting proper sleep is essential to the success of the diet. Be sure to get 8- or close to it- every night while on the diet.
- Be sure to get before shots and take new ones regularly on the diet. This can help to keep you motivated when it gets hard. You can look at how much you have already lost and use it to inspire yourself.
- Every day you should think about where you want to be when the journey of the HCG diet is completed. Knowing what you are working for can be helpful.
About the author
Dr. Constance Odom, MD