Undoubtedly, dieting over the holidays takes extreme willpower and dedication. With the hCG diet, you will be taking the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) while supporting an extremely strict 500-calorie per day dietary protocol. During the Phase Two segment of the diet, you must avoid cheating with foods or you could stop losing weight or even gain unwanted pounds.
The holidays are an exceedingly tough time to undertake the hCG diet but here are a few tips that will help you get through this tough time of year while still being able to enjoy the festivities:
- Plan: If you will be dieting over the holidays then you should plan by shopping in advance, so you can avoid all being tempted to buy all of the holiday foods or trying the many sample food stands that often dominate stores.
- Never go Anywhere Hungry: You should never go to a party or another function hungry. Always eat before you leave the house, so you are not tempted to eat at the function.
- Bring Your Own Foods: Bringing your own foods to holiday functions will help keep you from cheating and allow you to eat with friends and family.
- Beverages: Do not be afraid to bring a few slices of lemon or tea bags to any festivities so you can enjoy sipping a beverage at the function.
- Explore Recipes: There are many hCG recipes that enable you to spice up your food choices without exceeding the recommended calories. You can even serve hCG foods to your guests too. Most people enjoy a plate of tasty, crunchy celery sticks.
- Stay Focused: Remember that the holidays are not all about food. You need to stay focused on losing weight and just enjoy the special time with family and loved ones.
- Distract Yourself: If you attend a party or event and you find yourself feeling tempted then it is time to seek a distraction. You could help clean up, go for a walk, strike up a conversation with someone, or make yourself a cup of tea.
- Avoid Leftovers: Many times, friends and family will want to make you up a plate of leftovers to take home in case you get hungry later. Ideally, you should explain to them your weight loss goals and kindly refuse the plate of leftovers, so you are not tempted to consume them later. Many people will take the food items to not hurt their host’s feelings, but most people can easily understand and appreciate your diet goals.
- Avoid All Alcohol: The hCG diet plan is very black and white. You should not consume any alcoholic beverages while dieting. In fact, alcohol is exceedingly high is sugars and fattening.
- Faltering: Remember, if you falter it is not the end of the world. You can continue your diet the next day and if you hit a plateau then there are plateau break options.
Holidays are about spending time with your loved ones. With a bit of effort, you can focus on the festivities while still staying dedicated to your hCG diet.
If you experience a problem with your hCG diet over the holidays or you hit a plateau, please contact the experts at Nu Image Medical to discuss your situation.