This is a simple but delicious Phase 2 HCG diet recipe for spicy chicken and tomatoes that you will love. If you enjoy spicy anything this recipe will hit the spot and it is very filling. It has a bit of a kick to it but you can adjust the spices up or down according to your tastes fairly easily. Although it is made for the HCG diet and low in calories it is packed with flavor.
This recipe takes just a few minutes to prep and you can easily add more servings to it if you need to. The cayenne in the recipe helps to boost your metabolism and it a perfect spice for the HCG diet. It can also help your body release toxins and burn fat during Phase 2 and you might notice that you lose a bit more weight after you eat this recipe a couple of times.
It is good for a few days in the refrigerator in a stored container, so don't be afraid to scale it up to 400 grams of chicken. Try adding in a melba toast or a grissini breadstick on the side, as it goes well with this particular dish, but the recipe doesn't call you to use them.
- 200 grams of chicken, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp. cayenne pepper sauce (with HCG approved ingredients or make your own sauce)
- 2 tbsp. onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Oregano to taste
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook garlic, chicken onions and 2 tbsp. cayenne pepper sauce and a small amount of chicken broth in a large pan on medium heat until chicken is slightly browned and cooked. About 10-12 minutes.
- Add about a half of a cup of chicken broth to deglaze the pan, then add salt, black pepper, oregano and tomatoes.
- Simmer on medium high about 8-9 minutes and stir regularly. Add more broth as needed if the volume starts to decrease in the pan.
- Add parsley or other fresh herbs and oregano on top and serve.
Calories per Serving: 240