Phase 2 HCG Diet Recipes
These lettuce wraps are must try on the HCG diet. They are very easy to make and convenient, and they are a delicious snack or a meal while you are on the diet. They are very low in calories and you will still have most of your vegetable serving so you can add one or two HCG diet vegetables as a side dish to this recipe to make it even more filling. Tomato salsa goes great with this recipe, just make sure that you use an HCG diet approved recipe for tomato salsa if you do decide to add it in.
This recipe is for just one serving but it can be easily scaled up or down. Use a food scale to measure out your protein servings if you aren't sure how much you should be using. You will want to eat this recipe right away because it does store all that well, so be sure to make as much as you plan on eating.
- 100 grams of chicken breast or lean steak (be sure to use an HCG diet approved cut)
- 3 tablespoons onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch onion powder
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Lemon juice
- Pan sear or grill chicken and steak on a regular grill or Foreman grill until desired doneness. Avoid using any cooking oil; just use a small amount of water or broth to cook the meat.
- Add garlic, onion, spices and a small amount of water and cook for about 10 minutes on medium high
- And salt to taste and garnish with cilantro and add a bit of lemon juice.
- Add mixture into lettuce and serve.
Calories per Serving: 190