This is a Kung Pao chicken recipe which happens to be one of the more delicious phase 2 HCG diet recipes, and the recipe can be scaled up or down as needed. It is a bit spicy but it is very filling and a great option for a quick meal during Phase 2, which can be particularly challenging early on in the process.
The recipe will last for a few days in the refrigerator, so you can increase the servings for it, and this recipe in particular is for two servings. Avoid adding any extra ingredients that are not approved for the HCG diet. Try to buy the chicken organic when possible which is better for the HCG diet, and don't use any cooking oil or fat with this recipe.
You can also marinade the chicken overnight, but the recommended length of time is about 30 minutes to 1 hour at minimum. This recipe doesn't include any HCG diet vegetable servings, so you can make a serving of any of the HCG diet vegetables as a side dish such as cabbage, lettuce, or any of the other options.
- 200 grams chicken breast, chopped into small chunks
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, chopped and peeled
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes or 1 tsp. HCG approved sambal olek
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Add chicken to a small dish with 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili flakes.
- Marinate overnight or 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium high.
- Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove chicken and add onion.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and add garlic and ginger.
- Cook until onions are tender.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 tsp. of vinegar and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken back into the pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper one last time to taste and serve.
Calories Per Serving: 189