Phase 2 HCG Diet Recipes
This is one of the easier phase 2 HCG diet recipes for herb and lemon baked tilapia, and tilapia is one of the best protein options on the HCG diet because it has omega-3 fatty acids and it is both low in fat and other calories. Some other options for fish on the diet include cod, founder, halibut, and haddock, but just bear in mind that some types of fish are higher in calories than others. You are looking at about 126 calories per 3.5 ounce serving of tilapia, while an equivalent serving of halibut would be 136 calories, and cod would be lower at 104 calories. You can use this recipe either for lunch or dinner and if you need to scale it up just double up on the ingredients, and increase the cooking time by a few minutes. This recipe is for two servings of this tilapia recipe, and it goes very well with many of the HCG diet vegetables include fresh spinach, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and many others.
- 7 ounces of tilapia
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp. ground mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and crushed
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Dip fish fillets in seasoning and cover thoroughly (you can also season the fish in the bowl, cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes).
- Put fish in a shallow baking pan lined with foil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fillets can be easily flaked using a fork.
Calories per Serving: 156