This recipe for garlic lemon shrimp is very delicious and fairly simple to make compared to some of the other Phase 2 HCG diet recipes. Shrimp is a great HCG diet protein option because it is very filling and very low in fat. The cholesterol content of shrimp is high but studies have shown that dietary cholesterol is not as big of a factor in your blood cholesterol levels as previously thought. So you can enjoy shrimp without guilt, and feel free to pretty much eat as much of it as you want during Phase 2 of the diet.
This recipe takes just a few minutes to prepare and all of the ingredients are approved for phase 2 of the diet. Be sure to avoid using any oil or butter, and avoid using any cooking spray as well. The recipe will turn out fine without using oil and it is very flavorful. You can make multiple portions just remember that shrimp will only last for a day or two in the fridge and be safe to eat. You can easily adjust the ingredients in this recipe as needed, and feel free to add your own preferred HCG approved seasonings. This recipe is for just one serving so feel free to scale it up as you would like.
- 100 grams of shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons of fish or chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add broth to a large skillet and cook shrimp on medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cayenne and cook for 4-5 minutes and toss. Cook until shrimp are pink.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and parsley. Stir to coat the shrimps.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges.