This is one of the more delicious and satisfying Phase 2 HCG diet recipes. It is perfect for the very low calorie diet, because it only contains Phase 2 approved ingredients and it is also low in calories. This diet is for two servings and you can very easily scale it up or down as needed, and the two servings for this diet equal two HCG diet protein servings and two HCG diet vegetable servings. This is a great recipe for your HCG diet dinner as it has about half of your daily calories, and you can combine this with a lighter lunch and your two HCG diet fruit servings to make a complete day's meal.
This recipe only takes about 30 minutes to prepare and cook, and you can adjust the seasonings as desired but be sure to avoid adding any non-HCG diet approved seasonings and always avoid adding any oil or fat. Be sure to also use chicken breast for this recipe as other cuts of chicken have a higher fat content and can cause problems with your diet. This recipe can be stored for up to 2-3 days in the fridge in a sealed container so you can easily make this recipe for several days' worth of food.
- 200 grams boneless and skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups of tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 basil leaves, rolled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute chicken in a non-stick pan with a small amount of lemon juice and half of the broth on medium high heat. Cook until opaque and until there is some color on both sides of the chicken breast.
- Add garlic, onion, and saute for 3-5 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, spices, and remainder of lemon juice and broth and cook until tomatoes soften.
- Add basil last and cook for a few minutes until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Calories per Serving: 236