Orange Ginger Chicken Recipe for Phase 2 of The HCG Diet
If you're looking to jazz up your chicken portion for Phase 2 of the HCG diet, look no further than this yummy orange ginger chicken recipe.
Feel free to experiment with different spices and herbs!
- 3.5 oz. or 100 grams of chicken breast meat cut into small pieces or chunks
- 1 orange, cut into four pieces or quarters
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 fresh lemon (juiced)
- 1 pinch of black pepper or to taste
Preheat cooking pan to medium heat.*
Rub or sprinkle pepper onto chicken.
Add chicken to cooking pan, and cook until golden brown on all sides or for roughly 8-10 minutes.
Toss in minced garlic, and continue cooking for another minute.
Using the orange quarters, squeeze juice over chicken . Then peel, and separate the juiced orange into sections or pieces.
Stir in lemon juice, the leftover orange sections, ginger, and basil.
Cover, and let simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
* If grilling is the preferred cooking method, marinate the chicken in the above mixture overnight to enhance flavor before cooking.