HCG Diet Phase 2 Recipes
This spinach stuffed chicken recipe is fairly easy to make and turns out to be quite delicious, and will help you stay full during the day. You can also easily scale this recipe up for multiple servings. Before you start Phase 2 of the HCG diet you will want to have as many recipes as you can available, and if you love spinach this is the perfect recipe to try out. If you have time it is a good idea to experiment with different recipes before you start the diet so that you can plan your meals out throughout the three or six week VLCD, but it isn't totally necessary.
This recipe is for 2 servings of chicken, but you can scale it up and down as needed, and it will last for about 2 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- 200 grams of boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded thin
- 2 cups of spinach leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add cold water to a large bowl and add spinach to the bowl and wash the leaves and drain the water. Repeat until you find no debris in the water.
- Add a few inches of water and bring to a boil in a sauce pan that can fit a steaming basket.
- Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and add spinach into steamer.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Remove, allow to cool and strain out excess liquid by squeezing.
- Season with minced garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Season both sides of chicken breast with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Add about two tablespoons of wilted spinach mixture into each thin chicken breast.
- Save extra spinach.
- Roll up the chicken to enclose the spinach mixture, and use a toothpick to secure it.
- Put chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes uncovered or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with any extra spinach as a side dish.
Calories per Serving: 184