This is one of the easiest Phase 2 HCG diet recipes for crab salad that you can make as a lunch or dinner, and it only includes HCG diet approved ingredients. Fresh crab is a great source of protein for the HCG diet because it is low in fat. This recipe is very low in calories and it won't take up very many calories from your daily total, but it also happens to be very filling so it can be a great option to try during Phase 2.
You can increase the servings for this recipe, and this recipe calls for 7 ounces of crab but it can be easily scaled up. You can also use either lettuce or cabbage for this salad, whichever you prefer, and you can expect to spend about 20 minutes preparing this salad.
- 7 ounces of crab meat
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh chives
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 cups of lettuce or cabbage
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Steaming crab legs:
- In a pasta pot with a strainer, bring 4 cups of water to boil.
- Rinse frozen crab legs and place them in steam insert.
- Steam crab legs for 6 minutes until they are heated.
- Remove and crack shells to remove meat.
Directions for salad:
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, chives, and lemon juice to crab meat and mix in a bowl.
- Add seasoned crab mixture to 2 cups of lettuce or cabbage.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix and serve.
Calories per Serving: 118