Hearsay abounds about the hCG diet, and one of the leading rumors is that the low-calorie dietary plan causes hair loss. If a person does experience hair loss, but there is no underlying medical cause, then the hair will regrow. When followed correctly, Dr. Simeons hCG diet protocol contains sufficient nutrients and vitamins so that you will experience no nutritional deficiencies. Very few people ever suffer any hair loss on a diet. If hair strands start to fall out, then they will quickly regrow once the hCG dietary protocol ends.
Reasons for Hair Loss When on the HCG Diet
There are numerous reasons why a person can temporarily start shedding their hair:
- Stress: In the vast majority of cases, hair loss occurs as a direct result of stress. Once stress in your life is alleviated, your hair will regrow. Some individual might experience anxiety when they first embark on the hCG dietary protocol. Remember, you will be undergoing a dramatic switch in nutritional sources. Change and rearranging your life to build new healthy habits is an upsetting situation that might spur hair loss.
- Vitamins: Dr. Simeons hCG diet protocol is designed to provide you with the correct amount of nutrients. However, if you are worried about the low-calorie phase, then you might want to consider taking a multivitamin while dieting. Nu Image Medical sells a high-quality multivitamin that you can use while undergoing the hCG diet. The multivitamins are beneficial for maintaining your energy levels. Also, taking the vitamin may prevent hair loss if you are concerned.
- Withdrawals: Many individuals, before embarking on the hCG diet are addicted to certain foods and carbs. When they cease to supply their body with the usual food source they can go through a period of physical withdrawal. It is not uncommon for such a person to experience symptoms similar to a cold or flu when going through withdrawals which only increases physical stress.
- Adrenal Fatigue: During times of stress or change, your adrenal system often becomes tired. Nu Image Medical markets a Stress Stop Adrenal Tea Complex that is all natural. It helps the body cope with adrenal fatigue that can occur as a result of stress. Adrenal fatigue often causes temporary hair loss. It can also cause the body to resist weight loss, increase blood glucose levels, and elevate blood pressure.
- Natural Hair Growth Cycle: Your body goes through a natural hair growth cycle. The stages of growth are anagen, catagen, and telogen. When the telogen stage is reached, the follicles start to shed the hair. At this point, 10 to 15 percent of the follicles will drop their strands. Depending on the time of year, an even more significant number of follicles may be stimulated in the telogen stage which means that you might sustain a more substantial loss than any other time. If you are dieting during this stage, it would seem like the hCG is the cause but, in reality, it is just a natural, physical transition. Soon your body will enter the growth cycle, and everything will return to normal.
The Importance of Weighting Before Undergoing Additional Rounds of HCG
After you achieve success with your hCG diet plan it is only natural to want to embark on a second round to lose even more weight but it imperative that you give your body a rest. You should wait six to eight weeks before starting another round of hCG. Beginning a series too soon puts your body under stress. A resting period will help ensure that your body does not undergo hormone sensitivity. When you complete Phase 2 of the hCG diet you cease taking the hCG supplement. At this point, you enter Phase 3 (also known as the Maintenance Phase) of the protocol. During Phase 3, you start to increase your caloric intake while still maintaining your weight. Phase 3 lasts three weeks. After Phase 3 is complete, you will want to wait an additional three weeks before starting another hCG diet protocol round. Waiting between cycles, helps your body refresh and rejuvenate, so you do not suffer any adverse side effects such as hair loss. Your Nu Image medical provider will let you know the recommended start time for your next hCG dietary round.
The Health Benefits of the hCG Diet
The ultimate goal of the hCG diet is not only to lose a substantial amount of weight but to keep off the unwanted pounds by resetting your metabolism. The health benefits of the hCG diet far outweigh losing a few strands of hair. To date, there have been no documented cases of patients experiencing permanent hair loss due to the hCG diet protocol. Remember, that the hCG diet has been a success for over sixty years. If you have any concerns or questions about the hCG diet or possible hair loss, please contact a medical professional at Nu Image Medical for a consultation or to receive additional information.