Due to the small amount of food consumed during the HCG diet, it is only natural that you have less bowl movements. The HCG diet meal plan is designed to provide sufficient amount of daily fiber. For the majority of patients, this will not be problem during our program; unfortunately, for others it might be.
If it does become a bothersome issue here are a couple of tips you can consider during your time on the HCG diet:
- Drink A LOT of water. H2O will facilitate the flow of waste through the intestines by lubricating the walls of the organ and the food itself.
- Drink coffee. Unless your body cannot tolerate caffeine, its effects should be the complete opposite of constipation. Caffeine is considered a diuretic, which promotes bowl movements.
- Eat apples instead. Apples are one of the fruits included in the diet, and they happen to have high amounts of fiber. So pick apples as your fruit!
- Spinach! Dark green veggies have a lot of fiber. So pick spinach over lettuce.
- DO NOT take fiber supplements!…We do not recommend fiber supplements on the HCG diet. If you feel it is a matter of concern and you have not seen improvements after following the tips above, consult the doctor.