The HCG diet allows a specific list of protein choices, and these proteins are carefully selected to be healthy and low in fat so that they don’t interact with HCG, just like the fruits and vegetables . They are also great protein choices to incorporate in your everyday diet after the HCG diet is over. The HCG diet requires any protein used on the diet to have all visible fat removed, which isn’t a bad idea to consider even if you’re not dieting. A decent range of protein choices are allowed on the diet, particularly for red meat and seafood, and the portions and calories are carefully controlled when on the HCG diet to ensure that they don’t exceed 500 kcal per day.
Below are some of the health benefits of each type of protein.
- Chicken Breast – this is one of the best sources of protein that can stabilize your blood sugar for several hours while on the HCG diet, and it is also low in calories per ounce compared to other types of meat; an important consideration when you have a maximum of 500 calories per day. Chicken breast is rich in particular minerals such as selenium as well as copper, phosphorus, zinc and iron. It is naturally lower in sodium than other proteins and can fit into many different HCG diet recipes quite easily. Chicken is also rich in various B vitamins including B6, B3, B12 and others which are important for metabolism, blood cell maintenance, and a lot more.
- White Fish – the health benefits of fish in general are widely known, and in particular white fish has some unique advantages. It is lower in fat than other types of fish, which is one of the primary reasons why it is allowed on the HCG diet. Like chicken, it offers the benefit of larger portions with lower caloric intake levels. Adding white fish to your diet is never a bad idea because you will be consuming a regular source of omega 3 fatty acids, which are known to be beneficial for the cardiovascular system. Studies have also shown that regular consumption of white fish can normalize blood pressure levels, lower cholesterol levels and reduce weight.
- Crab – like chicken and white fish, crab is low in calories per ounce and it is another great source of omega 3 fatty acids. Crab happens to be low in saturated fat. However, crab meat is high in sodium and has high cholesterol levels, although the link between dietary cholesterol and heart disease is controversial. Those who have high blood pressure can turn to other sources of protein that are lower in sodium, otherwise crab can be a great choice for the HCG diet for some meals.
- Lobster – lobster provides several B vitamins and is another great source of lean protein when prepared without large amounts of butter. Lobster also happens to be rich in vitamin E, which is one of the most important antioxidants and vital for vitamin C and A absorption. Lobster has significant quantities of important minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, zinc and magnesium, however like crab it is high in sodium. Phosphorus is important for metabolism and important for kidney function and can reduce arthritis pain, and it is one of the more abundant minerals found in lobster.
- Red Meat – although most people don’t think of red meat is being healthy and it has been blamed for a wide range of different illnesses, there are several good reasons to consume a small amount of red meat in your diet regularly. It is rich in B vitamins which is necessary for the proper functioning of the immune system and nearly every other system. It is also rich in iron and can be very beneficial for people with iron deficiencies. Red meat has a metabolite called hydroxycholecalciferol which is a metabolite of vitamin D that is absorbed quickly by the body, and red meat can help increase overall vitamin D levels. Several types of red meat are allowed on the HCG diet including a variety of different steaks, and very lean ground beef.
Preparing protein on the HCG diet
With the health benefits that each type of protein offers they are all great choices for HCG dieters, but as previously mentioned some dieters may have to take special considerations into account for meats that are higher in sodium if they have high blood pressure. The protein used for the HCG diet must be weighed raw, and it is critical to cook each type of protein without the use of cooking oils.
An easy way to cook many of the proteins is by using marinades made from lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and spices. You will find that having a grill will be very beneficial (but not necessary) for cooking protein on the HCG diet, as the grill won’t require the use of cooking oil.
Shrimp and fish can be baked in the oven and the HCG diet allows for the use of lemon juice which is very versatile in seafood cooking as well as several herbs. If you enjoy white fish at all you should be sure to include it in your HCG diet, as it is the healthiest protein option due to the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids.
Chicken breasts can be marinated and cooked on a stove or grill, or even boiled and chopped up for salads, and they are one of the more versatile protein items that you can use on the diet. It can also be easily baked or made with a small electric kitchen grill.
With several protein choices available on the HCG diet you have a wide range of different recipes to try, and each protein option has proven health benefits. Always try to purchase organic protein as it will be free of antibiotics and hormones. For fish you should generally try to purchase wild caught fish, as farm raised fish has shown to have high levels of organic pollutants, antibiotics and pesticides compared to wild caught fish. Also be sure to check the mercury levels for any fish that you consume.
Our HCG diet comes with a detailed recipe book with several great recipes for cooking the protein choices allowed on the diet. Get more information on how to get started with the HCG diet.
Categories: HCG Diet
You might be wondering if there are any side effects of the HCG diet before you start. The HCG diet has very few if any negative side effects, and most of the effects that you will experience on the diet will be positive. The HCG hormone is an all-natural hormone that is produced by pregnant women in large quantities without negative side effects. The HCG hormone itself is very safe and has minimal to no side effects, even for women who are not pregnant and men. The most important thing when you start the HCG diet is to pick a HCG provider that offers safe, pure and medically supervised HCG injections along with a full medical evaluation prior to starting. Nu Image Medical is one of the few if not the only HCG provide that offers you a full medical evaluation along with high quality and pure HCG injections.
Most of the effects of the HCG diet are positive
Most of the effects of the HCG diet are positive, and the vast majority of uncomfortable side effects will resolve on their own after the first week of the diet. The HCG diet will normally result in increased energy levels and also reduced risks of chronic illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, and other illnesses. Also, having a reduced body fat percentage and lower weight will result in several improvements in overall health including improved mobility, reduced joint strain, improvements in sleep apnea, improvements in mood, lower blood pressure, lower bad cholesterol levels, stabilized blood sugar, improved glucose tolerance, and hundreds of other positive health effects. The positive health effects of the HCG diet greatly outweigh the few harmless uncomfortable side effects that normally resolve themselves within the first week of the diet.
Most of the side effects of the HCG diet are not from the hormone
Most of the side effects of the HCG diet are not from the hormone but are from the changes to your metabolism and from the effects of the very low calorie diet. The VLCD combined with HCG will improve your metabolism and energy levels, and you may experience a number of positive side effects once you start the diet. The negative side effects are very mild and can include headaches, dizziness, leg cramps, rashes, and constipation, and each of these side effects are easily explainable and not a source of concern unless they persist past the first week of the diet. Most of these side effects will go away after the first week, and if you have any questions or concerns about side effects during the first week you can speak with any of the medical professionals at Nu Image Medical any time. Click here to contact the medical professionals at Nu Image Medical and to get started with the HCG diet.
The VLCD may result in constipation
The VLCD may result in constipation and changes to your bowel movements because you are consuming a much lower calorie amount than you normally consume. You may have a bowel movement once every two to four days instead of every day while on the VLCD, which is normal and should not be a source of alarm. If you have not experienced a bowel movement in five to seven days however, you should use a mild natural laxative. Don’t resort to using a laxative right away; first try to drink plenty of water each day, close to a gallon, and also make sure to walk approximately 20 to 30 minutes each day as well if your activity levels have been low. Exercising will help with digestion, and also be sure that you are consuming the proper required amount of fruit and vegetable servings. You can slightly increase your vegetable intake as well, as long as you stay within the 500 calorie limit. Be sure you constantly drink the required amount of a half gallon to a gallon of water and don’t skip a day.
Headaches and dizziness usually resolve in a few days
The headaches and dizziness that you may experience on the diet will resolve in a few days, and won’t persist past the first week. There are several reasons why you may be experiencing dizziness and headaches. The HCG diet essentially detoxes your body from the negative effects of artificial sweeteners, antibiotics, hormones, pesticides and other harmful chemicals found in non-organic foods. As your body detoxifies you may experience headaches as the toxins are being eliminated from your body. You may also have dizziness as your body switches to ketosis (metabolizing fat) as its main source of fuel. Headaches may also result from your blood sugar levels being different from what you are normally used to. Again, this all resolves itself within a few days to a week and you will begin feeling normal (even better than normal) once the first week has passed, and as you burn abnormal fat.
Rashes may result from toxin release (rare side effect)
Fat is known to store a wide range of different chemicals that are fat soluble, and these toxins can be stored for a long period of time before being released when the fat is metabolized. As a result you may experience minor skin rashes. Rashes are actually a rare side effect, and if you experience them during the first week you should first be sure that you are drinking enough water to flush the released toxins from your body, and also contact the medical provider who is overseeing the diet. In many cases rashes will also resolve and they are usually mild if they ever do appear. Irritation may also develop on a HCG injection site, which is why we recommend the injection sites to be rotated, and we provide you with detailed information on how to safely rotate injection sites to reduce skin irritation.
Note: this article is for general informational purposes only and does not apply to every HCG dieter because every person may have different side effects for different reasons. If you experience any side effects while on the HCG diet you should contact a medical professional at Nu Image Medical so that your particular side effects can be diagnosed and treated as needed.
Categories: HCG Diet
If you are on the fence about starting the HCG diet as opposed to another diet for fat loss, keep in mind that the HCG diet offers one of the most effective ways to lose weight quickly with minimal side effects. The HCG diet offers you the ability to lose 0.2 to 1 pound per day over a course of 26 to 46 days, and it is one of the safest (if not the safest) very low calorie diets available.
When you start on the HCG diet and reduce your caloric intake, the HCG hormone ensures that your excess fat is burned as your body’s primary source of energy. Other diets will result in the breakdown of muscle and your metabolism will also slow down because your body will be in “starvation mode.”
The HCG diet is for everyone
A common misconception about the HCG diet is that it is only for obese people. This could not be further from the truth, as the HCG diet can help people with lower weight loss goals achieve rapid and safe results. Obese people certain have much to benefit from starting the HCG diet, but people with weight loss goals of less than 15 pounds can safely use the HCG diet.
If you have a weight loss goal of under 15 pounds, you would simply participate in the 26 day HCG diet which would help you lose anywhere from 0.2 to 1 pound per day, and you will carefully track your results during this time period while receiving advice from medical professionals (if you sign up for our program). You will be evaluated by a medical professional before starting the diet at Nu Image Medical, and you will be approved unless there is an alternative option such as the Ultra Burn program that may be more suitable for you based on a particular medical concern. Click the following link to get started your medical consultation and get approved for the HCG diet now.
The HCG diet prevents your body from going into starvation mode
The HCG diet is unique because it prevents your body from going into starvation mode when your calories are restricted. Your metabolism will not be damaged because your body will be getting all of the energy it needs through the breakdown of abnormal fat.
This is especially important once you come off of the diet because your metabolism will continue to function at a normal level once you start eating other foods. Other diets can harm your metabolism and cause you to gain fat quickly once you come off the diet. The HCG diet will keep you lean and protect you from weight gains as long as you follow the diet protocol and maintain healthy eating habits after the diet is finished.
You will see rapid results on the HCG diet
Compared to other diets, the HCG diet will give you fast and easily observable results. Your BMI will be reduced by the time the diet is finished, sometimes dramatically, and a reduction in BMI means that you will be less likely to develop several chronic illnesses.
Within just a week or sooner your energy levels can improve as your body starts to detoxify from the effects of an unhealthy diet, and you will notice a large amount of weight loss during the first two weeks.
There may be plateaus while on the diet for many reasons, but there are ways to break plateaus, and as long as you follow the diet protocol to the best of your ability, you will see a major reduction in your weight and body fat percentage by the end of the diet.
The HCG diet will improve your metabolism
The HCG diet will help you get rid of bad eating habits and change your cravings for the better. You can use the HCG diet to help you detoxify your body if you have not been eating well recently. It can improve your metabolism and it will reset your hypothalamus to reduce your cravings for unhealthy and unnatural foods.
With the HCG diet changing your appetites, you will not feel the same urges that you did in the past to eat unhealthy foods and junk foods, and this effect will reduce the chance that you will put weight back on after the diet is finished. Also, your metabolism will be improved so that when you do have unhealthy meals after the diet is over, your body will process them more efficiently and will be less likely to store excess calories as abnormal fat.
You can repeat the diet if necessary
After a six week break you can repeat the HCG diet if you would like, and this allows you to continue to reduce your body weight until you reach your desired weight. Being able to repeat the diet also allows you recover if you revert to some of your unhealthy eating habits after the diet is over. Some people may choose to repeat the diet every year or two as a way to detox and reduce their body fat percentage.
You can also repeat the diet if you did not stick to the diet protocol very well the first time around, which is not a big deal because the HCG diet is not that easy to learn and sometimes takes multiple attempts. The first time you try the HCG diet may be a test run and you will likely see great results even if you slip up on it. When you try the diet the second time you’ll have the experience to know what to expect and how to implement the diet, and you will likely see even better results than the first time.
You will have medical supervision
If you sign up for the HCG diet at Nu Image Medical you will be participating in a medically supervised diet. This is the most important consideration for any diet program that you choose. Most diet programs do not offer any sort of medical consultation, which reduces the safety of the diet. At Nu Image Medical you will be able to speak directly with medical professionals prior to starting the diet and afterward, and you’ll get a detailed evaluation of your health. For more information about the HCG diet program at Nu Image Medical and how to get started today, click here.
Categories: HCG Diet
Like the vegetable choices, the fruit choices for the HCG diet are carefully selected for their health properties and because they are known to not interfere with HCG while it burns abnormal fat. HCG diet fruits are good for your metabolism, satisfying, and they are an important part of the diet. Using your fruit serving as a snack on the HCG diet is a good idea to break your two meals up into smaller meals, and doing this is allowed on the diet.
The four fruits allowed on the HCG diet are grapefruit, oranges, strawberries and green apples. Each of these fruits are packed with phytonutrients that help protect your body from cancer, regulate your blood sugar levels, boost your immune system, protect against heart disease, prevent digestive and kidney problems, and offer protection against many other chronic illnesses. If you do not eat these and other fruits regularly as a part of your diet you should strongly consider adding them into your diet, whether you are on the HCG diet or not. Eating fruit is an easy way to protect your health and of course they have the added benefit of being delicious
Below are the health benefits of each of the HCG diet fruits explained in detail. Again, use the fruit servings as a snack or use one of the servings for a small breakfast while on the HCG diet, and definitely be sure that you are eating your minimum of two servings each day that you are on the very low calorie diet (VLCD) to get these amazing health benefits.
- Apples are packed with phytonutrients that offer antioxidant protection help to regulate blood sugar levels and more.
- Quercetin is found in apples, which is a flavonoid that helps prevent blood sugar spikes by inhibiting the breakdown of complex carbohydrates into simple sugars, which stabilizes blood sugar.
- The polyphenols in apples stimulate insulin receptors to increase the uptake of blood sugar into your cells, resulting in better blood sugar management.
- Apples have a good amount of fiber, and studies have shown that they may be able to increase levels of “good bacteria” in the digestive tract.
- Apples can reduce the oxidation of cell membrane fats which helps to protect the cardiovascular system, and these same antioxidants can reduce the risk of lung cancer.
- Studies have shown that undesirable LDL cholesterol levels are lowered apples are consumed on a regular basis.
- Preliminary studies show that apples have benefits at reducing certain types of cancer including breast and colon cancer, and specifically lung cancer. Most of the evidence shows that apples are one of the most effective fruits to consume to reduce your lung cancer risk.
- Grapefruit are rich in vitamin C which is one of the most important antioxidants for overall health and a well functioning immune system. Several studies have shown that vitamin C can reduce cold symptoms and it also prevents free radical damage in the body.
- The vitamin C in grapefruit may protect against inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and asthma.
- The pink color of grapefruit is due to the presence of lycopene, which is an important phytonutrient that can protect against cancer, and may offer substantial protection against certain types of cancer such as prostate cancer. Only the red and pink grapefruit varieties have lycopene, so keep this in mind when you are shopping for grapefruit.
- Grapefruit have a group of phytonutrients called limonoids that can protect against cancer tumor formation by increasing the production of a detoxifying enzyme. Limonoids have been shown to protect against the development of several different types of cancer in animal studies.
- Grapefruit also lower cholesterol levels and have pectin, a fruit fiber that is shown to reduce the risk of developing heart disease and atherosclerosis.
- Oranges are a great snack on the HCG diet and like the other HCG diet fruits and vegetables they are also rich in phytonutrients including citrus flavanones, polyphenols, anthocyanins and more.
- Oranges are well known to be an excellent source of vitamin C, and vitamin C is one of the most important vitamins for overall health. The vitamin is reduces free radical damage to DNA that can lead to cancer. It is the main water soluble vitamin that the body uses, and it neutralizes free radicals that can lead to artery damage through cholesterol oxidation.
- Citrus fruits like oranges are shown to protect against the development of several types of cancer including mouth and stomach cancers.
- Oranges and other citrus fruits have a low glycemic index and protect against the development of obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
- They may help prevent kidney stones by increasing urinary pH values, and can help reduce the risk of developing ulcers and stomach cancer by inhibiting H. pylori bacterial infections (H. pylori infections cause ulcers which can lead to stomach cancer).
- Strawberries have one of the highest level of antioxidants out of any whole food, and are thought to have the fourth highest level of antioxidants out of any fruit.
- The fruit has numerous documented cardiovascular benefits, as its rich level of antioxidants prevent cholesterol oxidation which leads to blood vessel damage.
- Strawberries are another excellent source of vitamin C on the HCG diet, and we have mentioned previously that vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients for the body.
- Oxidative stress is thought to lead to the development of many types of cancer, and as a result strawberries are considered to be one of the most potent anti-cancer foods with their outstanding levels of anti-oxidants. Indeed they have been shown to lower the risk of several cancers including colon, breast and esophageal and may reduce the risk of other cancers as more studies are being performed.
- Strawberries have been shown to regulate blood sugar levels with a group of polyphenols called ellagitannins which may be responsible for this effect. These polyphenols inhibit an enzyme called alpha-amylase that breaks down complex starches into simple sugars.
- Research is being performed on the anti-aging benefits of strawberries. They have been shown to improve cognitive function in preliminary animal studies, and also improve motor function. This is a preliminary area of research, however.
Categories: HCG Diet
The HCG diet is a safe and highly effective way to lose a substantial amount of body fat and weight in a period of just 26 to 46 days. There are sometimes questions regarding the safety of the diet because of concerns regarding the VLCD’s (very low calorie diet) calorie restrictions or concerns about the safety of HCG. The HCG diet is safe for everyone and results in a safe and impressive weight loss of anywhere between 0.2 to 1 pound per day.
There are very few if any other diets that can provide similar results safely. The HCG diet is unique due to its ability to utilize the hormone HCG for extra energy. The HCG diet is safe because of the presence of the HCG hormone which ensures that the body has adequate nutrition to sustain the very low calorie diet for a period of approximately three to six weeks. Not only is the diet safe, but the vast majority of people who participate in the diet experience lift changing positive benefits including improved energy levels, lower body fat, an improved metabolism, and many other health benefits. Learn more about the health benefits and safety of the HCG diet.
The HCG diet should only be attempted under medical supervision
Although the diet is completely safe, there are considerations to take into account like a person’s current health status, medications that they may be on, and other considerations prior to starting the diet. That is why prior to starting the HCG diet, you absolutely must be evaluated by a medical professional and cleared. The consultation is generally not lengthy or elaborate; it is a simple process that normally results in approval for the diet.
Although the HCG diet completely safe, even for people who are on medications and who have chronic illnesses, it is necessary to go through a patient’s medical history and current health status before they are approved to go on the diet. The vast majority of people are approved for the HCG diet at Nu Image Medical, but in some cases another form a weight loss may be more effective than the HCG diet. We will screen you to ensure that you can benefit from the HCG diet
The HCG diet should never be attempted without medical supervision and consultation. HCG vendors who offer the diet and hormone without medical staff members run the risk of starting someone on the diet who may need particular advice regarding their health conditions prior to starting the diet.
You cannot approve yourself for the HCG diet and train yourself in all of the important details regarding safe injection procedures. A medical professional will be able to give you unique advice regarding how you should approach the HCG diet if necessary and help you pick the right program length. Anyone who is interested in the HCG diet should only obtain HCG injections, pellets or drops from a provider with medical professionals on staff. At Nu Image Medical we offer this unique benefit that most other HCG providers that you will find cannot. Get a medical consultation and get started with the HCG diet now.
The HCG hormone is safe to use
Some people may be concerned with supplementing with a hormone, however HCG has never shown to have major side effects and it is safe to use. A very small dose of 125 to 200 IU is used on the HCG diet, and several million IUs of HCG are produced by pregnant women without any effects at all. HCG is a natural hormone and dieters benefit from the natural results that it has on the body, unlike other supplements that may have artificial ingredients that cause a wide range of negative side effects.
With the HCG hormone, a dieter can safely lose weight and most dieters experience substantial weight loss. The HCG hormone burns up to 2000 calories of fat per day, while the VLCD supplies the basic amounts of vitamins and minerals that a person needs for their everyday life.
The HCG diet incorporates healthy and safe foods
The vegetables, fruits and protein choices allowed on the HCG diet are very healthy and were carefully selected to reset your metabolism, improve your overall health and provide enough vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy throughout the duration of the diet. Although you may experience some symptoms of hunger during the first few days of the diet, those symptoms tend to quickly change, and most of the appetite side effects that you will experience are the result of cravings for unnatural and unhealthy foods.
By consuming the organic whole foods that are allowed on the HCG diet you will detoxify your body from the effect of synthetic foods, hormones, antibiotics, and other harmful compounds that are found in a modern diet. Essentially, the HCG diet is not only safe, but is even safer than a person’s normal diet if they are consuming foods that have preservatives, antibiotics, hormones and other unnatural ingredients.
The HCG diet is only three to six weeks long
The diet’s timeframe is carefully selected to last only three to six weeks, because the maximum results are seen within this amount of time, and there are no lasting effects of maintaining the VLCD beyond six weeks. People who have over 15 pounds to lose would normally try the six week program, and most of those people would see weight loss that exceeds 20 pounds or more. Those who try the HCG diet are always thrilled with the results and we have not had anyone report any major problems with our HCG diet protocol.
At Nu Image Medical we have medical professionals who will guide you all the way through your HCG diet and provide you with valuable support. We offer you a detailed consultation to ensure that the diet is right for you, and we answer any questions that you have for seven days. We also provide you with detailed instructions on how to use the self-injectable hormone if you decide to go that route, otherwise you have the option of taking the HCG drops or pellets. Our HCG diet is scientifically valid and based on the clinically proven Simeons protocol. For more information on how to get started with the HCG diet today, click here.
Categories: HCG Diet
As mentioned in the previous article, the vegetables on the HCG diet are carefully selected to improve your health and should be consumed as directed in our HCG diet guide (only steamed or grilled) to maintain their natural phytonutrient levels. For more information about our HCG diet guide and program, click here.
The health benefits of the HCG diet in general are tremendous – you lose body fat (which contributes to chronic illnesses) while gaining several health benefits that will improve the quality of your life. The combination of your weight loss and a healthy diet will greatly reduce your chance of developing serious illnesses later on in life and improve your overall health and energy levels dramatically.
We discussed the benefits of asparagus, beet greens, celery, cabbage, cucumbers, chard and chicory. In this article we will go over the health benefits of the rest of the HCG diet vegetables including fennel, lettuce, red radishes, onion, spinach and tomatoes. All of these vegetables are dense with antioxidants, cancer fighting phytonutrients, immune system boosting benefits, and have several other positive health effects. They will improve your cardiovascular and digestive health as well.
Also, if you have high cholesterol or high blood pressure you are likely to see improvements on the HCG diet, as HCG diet vegetables can normalize your blood pressure and reduce your levels of bad LDL cholesterol. Below are more of the health benefits of HCG diet vegetables:
- Fennel – fennel has been used in cooking for hundreds of years and it has several impressive health benefits. Fennel is packed with vitamin C, fiber and potassium. It has several phytonutrients including quercitin and rutin which are excellent antioxidants. It also has a unique compound called anethole which has been proven to reduce inflammation in preliminary animal studies and may also prevent the development of cancer. Vitamin C is the main water soluble anti-oxidant that the body uses and helps to prevent free radicals from building up and causing problems with the joints and damage to the blood vessels.
- Lettuce - there are many types of lettuce but romaine lettuce is one of the main types of lettuce that can be consumed on the HCG diet, and it is also a popular variety. Romaine lettuce in particular is densely packed with nutrients and is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, folate, beta-carotene, and fiber. It also has several minerals including iron, copper, potassium and vitamin C and B1. Romaine lettuce is good for your cardiovascular system with its high levels of vitamin C and beta carotene, both of which protect the blood vessels from the damaging effect of oxidized cholesterol. The compounds in romaine lettuce can also reduce your risk of a heart attack or stroke.
- Radishes – red radishes are a great source of vitamin C, E, A K and B6 as well as fiber, folate, magnesium, calcium and other many other vitamins and minerals. Red radishes are a good source of sulforaphane which has shown to inhibit several types of cancers including breast, prostate, colon and other cancers. Red radishes have numerous anti-inflammatory benefits and they have natural antibacterial and antiviral properties as well, boosting your immune system’s ability to fight pathogens. Radishes help remove bilirubin from the body and can be used to help treat jaundice. A set of unique compound that radishes have are called indoles which help detoxify the body.
- Onion – onions have sulfur containing compounds that give them their characteristic smell but also are responsible for their many health benefits. They are also a great source of polyphenols. The sulfur compounds in onions help prevent clotting in the blood vessels and may also lower cholesterol levels. Onions support a healthy bone density and can help women going through menopause reduce their bone density loss. They also have anti-inflammatory benefits, reducing health problems that result from high inflammation levels such as arthritis and allergies. Just a small intake of onions on a regular basis also reduce a person’s risk of several types of cancer, and it may also have blood sugar normalizing benefits.
- Spinach – spinach is regularly considered to be a “superfood” and it is one of the richest foods in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Spinach protects against cancer, cardiovascular illnesses, inflammatory issues, and much more and it is an excellent vegetable to consume as a part of a detoxifying diet. Spinach is unique amount other vegetables and fruits because it has dozens of phytonutrients and one of the highest concentrations of phytonutrients per calorie than any other vegetable or fruit. The phytonutrients in spinach protect against the development of several types of cancer including prostate, breast, skin and other types.
- Tomatoes – tomatoes are known to be rich in lycopene, which gives them their characteristic red color, but all varieties of tomatoes have high levels of lycopene including orange tomatoes. Studies have shown that the lycopene in tomatoes may also improve bone health while providing antioxidant protection for the body. Tomatoes have also been shown to reduce dangerous LDL cholesterol level, and lower triglyceride levels. Tomatoes also prevent platelets from aggregating in the blood which can reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke. They are also proven to lower the risk of certain cancers such as prostate cancer and are currently being researched for their ability to prevent other cancers.
Purchase organic vegetables if you can
Although all of the vegetables mentioned have amazing health benefits and can help prevent a wide range of chronic illnesses, it is important that you purchase organic vegetables if you can. Organic vegetables do not have synthetic pesticides, sludge or petroleum based fertilizers, and they are normally not bioengineered.
Foods like tomatoes, celery and spinach are some of the highest sprayed crops, and these foods specifically should be purchased organic if possible. The chemicals and pesticides in non-organic foods can add a negative component to what would otherwise be a healthy food to consume. Organic food is usually fresher as well.
The accumulation of chemicals and pesticides from non-organic foods in the body may lead to health problems such as a weakened immune system and is a chemical burden on the body. To get the most out of the HCG diet vegetables try to find an affordable organic store in your area and stick to them for your vegetable purchases. Our HCG recipe book and diet guide has detailed information on how to consume HCG diet vegetables and delicious recipes for the diet. Get started with the HCG diet now and experience the benefits of the HCG diet for yourself.
Categories: HCG Diet
The vegetables that are allowed in the HCG diet protocol were carefully selected by Dr. A.T.W. Simmons based on his clinical research and were proven to not interfere with the effect of the HCG hormone. Clinical research since the Simeons protocol was developed has confirmed that these vegetables are packed with phytonutrients that can reduce a person’s risk of cancer, heart disease and other chronic illnesses, and they offer other health benefits that are currently being studied.
So, the HCG diet offers much more than the ability to lose weight quickly, although that’s the main reason why most of us try the diet. It will also detoxify your body through clean nutrition and further reduce your susceptibility to various chronic illnesses. The fruit and protein selections for the diet also offer several amazing health benefits that we will discuss in the future.
Health benefits of a few of the HCG diet vegetables
The allowed vegetables include: asparagus, beet greens, celery, cabbage, cucumbers, chard, chicory, fennel, lettuce, onion, red radishes, spinach and tomatoes. The health benefits of the first seven vegetables from the list are described below:
- Asparagus – asparagus must be eaten quickly (within 48 hours) as it can spoil, but it is packed with incredible health benefits. It is an anti-inflammatory food that has several anti-inflammatory nutrients. It also is packed with several major anti-oxidants such as Vitamin C, glutathione and Vitamin E as well as minerals. Asparagus supports digestive health by promoting the growth of “good bacteria” in the large intestine, and it is also rich in fiber.
- Beet greens – beet greens are the greens attached to beet roots and they are delicious and can take the place of chard or spinach in recipes. They contain lutein which is beneficial for eye health and they also provide a great source of fiber. They are also packed with vitamin A which strengthens the immune system and increases white blood cell production.
- Celery – celery is sometimes overlooked as being a healthy vegetable, and research has found it to be packed with anti-inflammatory nutrients and a dozen or more anti-oxidants. Steaming celery retains 80 to 90% of its anti-oxidants and is the preferred method of cooking it, otherwise it can be eaten raw in a wide range of different recipes. The phytonutrients and anti-oxidants in celery have been shown to reduce blood vessel damage and support a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Cabbage – the health benefits of cabbage are many, and there are extra cholesterol reducing benefits if you decide to steam this vegetable, however raw cabbage has this same effect. Cabbage has an anti-cancer nutrient called sinigrin. It is also high in polyphenols which function as antioxidants, especially for red cabbage. Cabbage is also rich in glucosinolates which can prevent a wide range of different cancers. It protects the cardiovascular system by lowering bad cholesterol levels, and it has several digestive benefits as well including regulating the bacteria that cause peptic ulcers and more.
- Cucumbers – cucumbers have shown to be rich in polyphenols called lignans which can reduce the risk of several different types of cancer as well as cardiovascular disease. They are also rich in anti-inflammatory compounds and anti-oxidants, and they are also rich in a phytonutrient family called cucurbitacins which are currently being studied for their anti-cancer properties. Organic cucumbers should preferably be consumed on the HCG diet because non-organic cucumbers are often waxed, and the waxes used for non-organic cucumbers may have chemical contaminants.
- Chard – swiss chard has a wide range of phytonutrients that are only rivaled by spinach including 13 antioxidants. It has been proven to be effective at regulating blood sugar which may reduce the risk of developing diabetes. It is rich in both fiber and protein which are important for regulating blood sugar as well, and it can also help pancreatic cells regenerate. It also supports liver and bone health and it is an excellent vegetable for anyone with pre-diabetes or diabetes to consume with its blood sugar regulating benefits.
- Chicory – chicory root has been used for generations to treat liver problems and it offers digestive benefits by increasing bile flow and improving gall bladder health. Chicory also has the highest concentration of inulin out of any vegetable which has been proven to support digestive health by promoting the growth of good bacteria, similar to asparagus. It also raises the level of antioxidants in the blood and can help optimize blood sugar levels. It is commonly consumed as a coffee replacement.
How vegetables should be consumed on the HCG diet
The HCG diet vegetables are a major key to having a successful diet, and our HCG diet protocol recommends you to only eat steamed, raw or grilled vegetables to get the most nutritional benefit from them. Eating vegetables raw is definitely preferable in many cases, but steamed vegetables or grilled vegetables will also retain their nutrients.
As mentioned in some of the health benefit descriptions of the HCG diet vegetables, preparation does matter because it can affect the levels of phytonutrients in the vegetables, and you should do some research on the vegetables that you are going to eat while on the HCG diet to find out the best way to prepare them (raw, grilled or steamed). If it’s not a big deal to you, you can eat the vegetables any way that you prefer.
Remember that only one type of vegetable is allowed per meal, and you should not mix different vegetables together, but you can alternate the vegetables that you eat on different days if you want more variety. Mixing vegetables can cause unknown consequences with the HCG hormone, and although you may still lose weight when mixing vegetables you don’t want to risk affecting the diet (and your weight loss results) in any way.
Don’t try to cook the vegetables on the diet any other way or you risk losing those vital nutrients. As discussed in the past, it’s also better to eat more vegetables if you feel like you might be tempted to cheat on the diet, and devoting a larger amount of your 500 daily allotted calories for vegetables will keep you satiated because of their higher fiber content and low calories per serving. There are several creative recipe ideas that you can find in the HCG diet recipe book that we provide you with your program purchase. Purchase the HCG diet program here and get the recipe book and other helpful information.
Categories: HCG Diet
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is the hormone used in the HCG diet, and it is regularly used as a safe an effective weight loss aid. The hormone is produced by the placenta during pregnancy and it supports the development of the fetus. HCG has several clinical applications and it has been used to treat obesity and infertility in both men and women, as well as pituitary gland disorders. HCG plays many different roles for a pregnant mother, many of them which are still being researched, but one of its most important functions is to provide the developing fetus enough energy it needs to grow throughout the entire pregnancy and even if the mother is unable to eat for a period of time.
HCG is able to do this by releasing fat reserves in the pregnant mother, and the levels of HCG peak at around 8 to 11 weeks of pregnancy. HCG levels double ever 48 to 72 hours in the majority of pregnancies, and as HCG levels continue to increase the rate of doubling starts to slow down to every 96 hours . It is thought that HCG levels peak early on in pregnancy as an evolutionary protection. Before modern pregnancy tests women would often not know that they were pregnant. The presence of HCG would ensure that the embryo had sufficient nutrition in the circumstance that the mother neglected her nutrition as a result of not knowing she was pregnant.
HCG is proven to be effective as a weight loss aid
Studies have shown that HCG is an effective weight loss aid compared to a placebo. Although hundreds of thousands of people have successfully used the hormone in accordance to the Simeons protocol to lose weight, scientific studies have also proven that HCG works in the body to accomplish several important weight loss goals and increase the rate of fat loss. Specifically, HCG is shown to increase weight loss on a very low calorie diet compared to a placebo . It also reduces the appetite and contributes to a feeling of well-being while on a very low calorie diet . So far, HCG has only been proven to increase fat loss in combination with a 500 to 550-kcal diet that is essentially free of fat, sugar and starches. This is why the Simeons protocol for the HCG diet is still used as the basis for modern HCG diets.
Any deviation from the protocol in terms of increasing fat intake or ingesting any form of oil may interfere with HCG and cause weight loss stalls. Diets that have attempted to change the Simeons HCG diet protocol too much end up being ineffective. The Simeons protocol carefully selects the foods for the diet so that they don’t interfere with HCG, and the food choices allow HCG to metabolize abnormal fat at the highest rate possible during a 23 to 43 day VLCD. The 43 day VLCD is selected by dieters who want to lose more than 15 pounds, and weight loss of anywhere from .2 to 1 pound per day can be seen on either diet. After the diet has been completed, a 6 week break is taken before the next optional cycle.
HCG corrects an incorrectly functioning hypothalamus
The hypothalamus is the center of the brain that has several functions including regulating appetite, thirst, sleep cycles, body temperature, mood, hormone production and much more. The hypothalamus influences fat metabolism and it maintains homeostasis in the body, and it controls many complex feelings and motivational states that affect appetite. During infancy to early childhood the hypothalamus is operating in an optimal state and it remains that way until environmental influences affect it. Several different influences are thought to affect the functioning of the hypothalamus including stress and trauma, food choices, substance use, and other behavioral and environmental influences.
If the hypothalamus stops functioning properly there are both psychological and physical consequences including a negative mood and a perpetual feeling of dissatisfaction as well as an impaired fat metabolism. Negative moods can lead to food addictions or cravings for unhealthy foods, and the unhealthy foods continue to contribute to improper hypothalamus function. A vicious cycle is created that results in the hypothalamus operating abnormally consistently. It is thought that both the HCG diet and the HCG hormone help to reset an abnormally function hypothalamus which results in an improved feeling of well-being and appetites for healthy foods instead of sugars, fat, and starches.
HCG targets only abnormal fat
The ability for HCG to target abnormal fat makes the HCG diet a viable and effective very low calorie diet. Abnormal fat is stored by the body in undesirable locations such as the stomach, neck, thighs, buttocks and other areas when fat metabolism is slowed down and when a diet is higher in starch and sugar, both of which are readily stored by the body as fat when consumed in large quantities. Abnormal fat is the unsightly fat that dieters struggle to get rid of, and most diets unfortunately do not target this fat but instead break down important reserve fat and structural fat. Other diets also result in muscle breakdown in a process called gluconeogenesis, and the loss of lean muscle, reserve fat and structural fat is far from ideal in any circumstance.
Reserve fat is used by the body for extra energy during periods of fasting after glycogen reserves are depleted in the liver, and having reserve fat does not make a person obese or unhealthy. In addition to this fat, structural fat is used by the body to insulate organs and connective tissue, and is also a necessary type of fat as it protects the organs and cushions the feet among other important purposes. HCG specifically targets abnormal fat which is completely unnecessary and contributes to numerous health problems including a predisposition to diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic illnesses. HCG works in healthy people much the same way as it works in pregnant women by specifically breaking down abnormal fat reserves to fuel the body and converting it into a ketogenic or fat burning state.
1. American Pregnancy. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG);The Pregnancy Hormone. Jan, 2013.
2. Asher, W.L. Effect of human chorionic gonadotrophin on weight loss, hunger and feeling of well-being. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Feb, 1973.
Categories: HCG Diet
We frequently get questions from potential patients asking which program is right or better for them- HCG or HGH? Although their abbreviations are somewhat similar, and they are both hormones, HCG and HGH are two very different things entirely. Chances are, if you’ve made your way to our website, you’re on the hunt to improve something in your life…possibly get healthier or maybe drop a few pounds? Well, you’ve come to the right place! But first, it’s super important to know all the facts about each one and see how they line up with your specific needs in order to better determine which program or product may be best suited for you. So, let’s get started! Here are a few things you’ll need to know in order to make a well thought out decision…
#1 What’s the real difference between HCG and HGH?
Like mentioned previously, HCG and HGH are both hormones, but they are completely different in that they have different makeups and various functions within the body.
HCG (also known as Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is a hormone present in both males and females. In males HCG is primarily responsible for testosterone production. However, it is more commonly known for it’s functions in the female body, and is referred to as “the hormone of pregnancy.” The primary role of HCG during pregnancy is to provide nutrient protection for a growing fetus. After conception, when a woman becomes pregnant, her body begins producing more and more of the hormone HCG. (This is the hormone detected on most home pregnancy tests). During the pregnancy, if the mother was unable to get the proper nourishment, then the HCG allows the fetus to pull the mother’s fat stores for growth. How HCG is used for weight loss is based on this same concept…Real HCG is given in a small dose, calories are restricted, and the HCG unlocks the body’s deep fat stores so they they may be burned for energy. This results in rapid weight loss, appetite suppression, and incredible body contouring that cannot be accomplished with any other diet.
A Few Benefits of HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin):
- Fast weight loss- up to 1 lb per day
- Appetite control & enhanced energy
- Metabolism improvement
- Perfect for men and women of all ages- even those in menopause or who struggle with weight gain from other disorders such as hypothyroidism
HGH (also known as Human Growth Hormone) is a particular hormone present in both males and females much like HCG. HGH levels actually peak during puberty and then gradually decline over time as we age. HGH levels at age thirty are actually half of what they were at puberty. HGH is produced by the pituitary gland and controls many functions such as metabolism, sleep ability, immune function, muscle cell growth, and libido just to name a few. Most symptoms that are routinely attributed to “normal aging signs” can be linked to a simple loss of HGH. By supplementing growth hormone, many have found that they have more energy, more restful sleep, better sex, and they even get sick less often. HGH therapy has become increasing popular over the years especially among the aging celebrities such as Suzanne Somers and Sylvester Stallone who swear by it’s energizing and age defying benefits.
The benefits of increased growth hormone levels can be more easily achieved even by the “average joe” with the prescription Sermorelin. Sermorelin is not the actually hormone HGH, but rather a strong peptide that stimulates the pituitary gland to produce more of the body’s own HGH. Because of this more natural approach, Sermorelin treatment for low HGH is much more safe, less expensive, and easier to dose than actual HGH. Both HGH and Sermorelin increase the body’s amount of growth hormone.
Benefits of HGH (Human Growth Hormone) therapy:
- Increased energy
- Increased muscle tone
- Better sleep
- Enhanced sex drive and stamina
- Reduced skin wrinkling and age-related skin changes
- Improved immune system function
#2 What are you looking to achieve FIRST?
Looking at what you are trying to achieve first is the best way to approach possible HCG or HGH treatment. For example, if your immediate goal is weight loss, the HCG diet may be more appropriate for you to start out on before addressing hormonal imbalances with HGH. On the other hand, if you’re looking for an improved metabolism as you age, then you may be more well advised to try HGH rather than the HCG diet. Although both HCG and HGH therpaies help with weight loss and improve metabolism, both hormones may improve certain conditions better and more quickly
#3 How to get started...
Getting started on HCG or HGH is very simple. Back in the old days, you had to take off work, make an appointment with a doctor and waste quite a bit of money and time for a clinic hormone replacement therapy evaluation and the famed HCG diet. Now, there are tele-medicine companies, like Nu Image Medical, that still provide the same quality medications without the hassle of weekly weigh- ins and high priced drugs. Professional tele-medicine companies, like Nu Image Medical can provide prescription products like HCG and HGH through a online medical approval process and a quick phone or video consultation with a physician. And even better, they are able to answer all of your medical questions and concerns 24 hours a day/seven days a week at no extra cost to you. That’s right, no follow-up charges or weekly payments for visits. All you pay is the medication cost. Here’s how to order…
HCG and HGH ordering is a quick order process with an easy to navigate shopping cart and selection system. Once you have selected your program and entered your billing information, you will be prompted to some online medical forms. These forms will only take a brief moment to fill out and are completed and submitted completely online. For HGH only, labs are required and can be added into your order at no charge with certain orders. Once all of this is done, your forms (and labs if applicable) will be reviewed closely by our physicians for approval to complete the HCG diet or take HGH safely. You will then be contacted by our medical department to review your information and confirm your order for shipment. Any questions can be addressed at this time. The next step? Start the program! Because the HCG or HGH and all the supplies needed to take the medication and/or complete the diet are on there way to you!
- Remember, even though Nu Image Medical is a telemedicine company and not a walk-in clinic, as a patient, you still have access to 24/7 professional medical help. Don’t be afraid to let our medical staff help you feel more confident in your decision. We are happy to address all of your questions and concerns! A medical representative can be contacted at (888)520-3438.
Skin care is a concern for many HCG dieters because you are not allowed to use oil based lotions or cosmetics while on the diet. Thankfully there are plenty of ways to take care of your skin during Phase 2 which can last 26 to 46 days and requires you to avoid any oil based products for skincare. Basically you can use any lotions that are guaranteed to not have oil in them, and there are plenty of products available that offer this.
Also keep in mind that the HCG diet is one of the best diets for skin health and you may not even need cosmetics and lotions as much as you did in the past once the diet is completed. It can return a healthy “glow” to your skin because the HCG hormone actually makes the skin more elastic and it clears your skin up. With the skin health benefits of the HCG hormone, the HCG diet is one of the few diets that allows you to lose a large amount of weight while avoiding problems like wrinkles and sagging skin.
As an added bonus, HCG targets the abnormal fat in your body but it leaves alone the important structural fat that maintains a normal healthy look. It greatly improves your appearance and reduces fat in areas that other diets would not be able to target. Your skin will be healthier, more elastic and look more natural after the diet has been completed, and you can continue multiple rounds of the diet to maintain this.
Don’t ever use oil based skincare products
Although you might be tempted you should never use oil based skincare products, and unfortunately the majority of skincare products on the market are oil based. Thankfully there are several oil free skincare products available now including lotions, sunblocks, and other products that are allowable on the HCG diet and won’t interfere with the hormone. You definitely want to avoid any cosmetics with hormones added to them, although these are not as common. Be sure to double check the ingredients even for the cosmetics that claim to be oil free.
Be sure to drink plenty of water
Water has a major impact on the health of your skin, and if you drink the recommended half gallon to gallon of water on the HCG diet you will notice major skin benefits after a period of time. Your entire body depends on water. It carries vital nutrients throughout your body and helps your body eliminate waste faster. This is particular important when on the HCG diet, as your body will be eliminating toxins that can be stored in fat.
The HCG diet will improve the health of your skin
Your skin’s health is affected by many different factors including the foods you eat, your hydration levels, exposure to toxins in the environment, and other factors. In the majority of cases there is very little you will need to do to maintain your skin while on the HCG diet, as a matter of fact you will likely see major improvements in your skin’s health while on the diet. Your complexion will improve and the contouring of your skin will be better. HCG is often used in anti-aging creams and lotions because of this effect, however of course you will want to avoid these products while on the diet. Find out more information about the HCG diet here.
Exfoliate your skin to keep it healthy
Exfoliation can help you maintain healthy skin when on the HCG diet. You can use a body brush in the shower to remove dead skin cells and help your skin stay healthy. Taking a long bath and then exfoliating will have better results as well. Exfoliation by itself can help keep your skin healthy during the 26 to 46 day diet phase along with the positive effects of HCG on the skin.
Try using mineral oil if it doesn’t bother you
Mineral oil is the only approved oil that the Simeons protocol allows for because it is not absorbed by the skin. Although some recommend that you avoid mineral oil because of its potential to block pores, you can try using a small amount of oil rubbed on damp skin to help your skin stay moisturized. Rub off the excess oil with a towel. If you have an aversion to mineral oil there are several products for skin care and moisturizing available that are oil free.
Try installing a home water softener
Many people don’t know this but hard water commonly causes dry skin and may be one of the main reasons why you have dry skin. As a result lotions or creams won’t do much to prevent dry skin when you have hard water. Hard water also makes soap less effective when showering and the minerals in hard water can also clog your skin and cause irritation. A water softener can improve the quality of your water and reduce the effects of hard water on your skin. Water softeners that can also remove minerals and sediment from your home’s water supply. They can be expensive, but reverse osmosis water treatment systems can improve the quality of your home’s water supply and will also give you a fresh and steady supply of purified water for the diet.
Your skin may clear up naturally on the HCG diet
A lot of the toxins in the environment and in processed foods result in the development of acne and skin problems. Highly processed foods also increase inflammation which can also lead to dermatitis and other skin problems. The great thing about the HCG diet is that it detoxes your entire body, and as a result of the detoxing your skin will usually become clearer and healthier. The HCG diet puts your body on a cycle of all-natural foods while helping it rid itself of excess water weight and toxins that can accumulate in abnormal fat stores.
Control stress levels to keep your skin healthy
There is a new field of study called psychodermatology that studies how stress and emotions can influence skin health. There is a clear link between the severity of skin disorders and emotional health. For instance, when a person is stressed their psoriasis and dermatitis can become worsened. Stress can also result in habitual behaviors such as scratching or rubbing on the skin that result in even more inflammation. Although the HCG diet alone won’t help you with your stress levels, you should include stress management techniques in your daily life as a part of a healthier overall lifestyle, and you might find that your skin health can improve. For more information on how to start with the HCG diet click here.
Categories: HCG Diet